Pages

Monday, January 7, 2008

Last Holiday Party

Tonight we had our last holiday party. This was given by the administrator of the Nursing home I work at. He waits till after the new year so everyone isn't as busy. We were invited to his home, where the Christmas decorations were kept up till after the party. Doug's wife is one of those people who has a knack for making everything in her house look very nice.You can't see it in this picture, but on the table in this entry was a little gingerbread village. Each member of the family had made a little house to set out.
Doug's wife Rebbecca is also a caterer. As you can see she had a beautiful table of food for us. I can tell you that not only was it beautiful, it tasted great!

Here is Nancy, who is one of the 11-7 nurses and her husband Steve enjoying the goodies. Steve is a Pastor and comes in weekly to lead a bible lesson for our residents.

Here is another Nancy, who works during the day with me and her husband Ray. Take note of the cute way Rebbecca decorated the bookshelves behind Ray and Nancy.
We had a good time with a lot of goofing off and laughter. I really enjoy my job - I enjoy getting to know the older people we are blessed to care for and I am also very blessed to be able to work with and be friends with the people who work with me.



post signature


17 comments:

Melissa said...

looks like fun! i love how she decorated!

Cherdecor said...

What a nice evening! Everything is so pretty and festive! I looked at each plate on the table. . YUM! Is that fish of some kind above the cheese?

Beth Cotell said...

What a great spread! Looks declicious!

Rebekah said...

beautiful party. Food looks yummy.

Cheri said...

Looks like a great party- love the decorating. That poor woman- having to keep up the decorations that long after Christmas!!

Megan Cobb said...

RATS! No close up of the gingerbread village? Sigh. I need ideas for next year.

Looks like a great time. I'm glad y'all got to celebrate together!

Laura said...

I LOVE those ornaments all hanging like that! I'm going to have to buy a bookcaske so I can do that at Christmas! :)

Pat said...

Beautiful! Lot's of great ideas to "steal"!
That's a great idea to wait till after the holidays - I'm sure everyone was much more relaxed and could enjoy it all so much more. Looks like you work with a wonderful group of people - you are blessed!

Unknown said...

We did have a good time & the food oh the food was so delish!!!

Terri said...

I love the decorations. Beautiful. At least you still felt a little Christmas cheer after the holiday.

Bonnie said...

That looks like a great evening ! The food looks amazing ...

Jean said...

That house looks lovely. I really enjoyed your previous post about cooking multiple meals at once. I'm a great fan of doing that. Years ago when our family lived at home I used to prepare 18 meals in one day - enough to last a month. Last school year I usually prepared three or four every Saturday for the week. This school year I haven't gotten my Saturday act together yet!!

A Stone Gatherer said...

I do love the decorated book shelf. I've seen that in magazines and have thought of doing that next year somewhere in my house. Who knows! It's great when you enjoy your job and follow workers isn't it!

Renee said...

This looks like it was a lot of fun! The decorations and table were beautiful. Glad you had a good time!

Dena said...

How super fun that you STILL have holiday parties! LOVE IT!

LeslieW. said...

That is a fun idea...but aren't you tired of eating by then? I feel like I am so tired of eating so much by the New Year@!

The Birds Nest said...

The decorating looks so good, as well as the food!! I think her dining room walls are the exact same color as my new office:)