Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Six things Meme

Kim at Scattered Stones and Sharon of Quiet Reflections challenged me to this Meme. I am to list 6 Non-important things/habits/quirks about me! These are the rules:
(1) Link to the person that tagged you.

(2) Post the rules on your blog.
(3) Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself. (4) Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
(5) Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.

Here's my six things:
* I was the youngest in my class in school from kindergarten on. The rule was the student had to be 5 before December 1. My birthday is November 24, so I just made it.
* I don't like heights. Driving over tall bridges always gets me.
* I was born on Thanksgiving Day.
* I am a little OCD when I shovel the driveway. I don't like the little bits of snow that fall off the side of the shovel and leave a trail, so I go back and redo each swath. I don't seem to have this tendency anywhere else!
* I grew up on a farm, where we had lots of land to investigate. We had a stoney hill that we found fossils on. They were very small plant fossils (about 1/2") but fun to find and great for show and tell! (I still have a small bottle of them that I collected when my Dad sold the land)
* When I was a student nurse, one of my patients was the Father of a Detroit Tiger.

Wow - I had to really think to come up with those. I should have asked my family. They could come up with more, I'm sure!

Here are the six bloggers I am tagging:
Perri at My Life in Bits and Pieces
Nancy at In My Neck of the Woods
Julie at
Memories
Leigh Ann at The Bird's Nest
Renee at Life at Aspen Trail Hill
Jean at What's up at the Stauffers?

post signature

17 comments:

Cherdecor said...

Thank you for not picking me. One of the weird things about me is that I would not like to do the meme things!

But I enjoyed reading yours. Chad and I would love to see your fossils. Your farm sounds like it was a very interesting place!

Anonymous said...

Oh Mari, I do not like heights either!!,sooo scary!!! I did not know that your birthday was on Thanksgiving, how special :)

A Stone Gatherer said...

Great list Mari! I would have loved to get in that stone pile. I love fossils!

Anonymous said...

Just for the record, I tagged you for the Self Disclosure Meme. After I hit publish, I wanted to check my links. When I got to your page I saw the 6 meme and had to go back and change my post!! :) You're just too popular there Miss Mari! :)

Anonymous said...

What fun things to read! Good thing I changed my post or else you'd have 7 more things to disclose. :)

My mom's birthday occasionally falls on Thanksgiving Day.

You know how I feel about heights.

I don't think the shoveling is considered OCD---does having it in one area label us as OCD?

Did you have farm duties as a child? What about animals? Did you have them on the farm?

Justabeachkat said...

That was fun to read.

Hugs!
Kat

Bonnie said...

Those are really fun facts about you Mari ! I loved reading those !

Laura said...

I must take after you with shoveling because I can't leave any behind either, plus, I hate the tracks that get pressed down. I have to scrape and scrape to get down to the concrete.

Cheri said...

Great list- I'd love to see your bottle of fossils!

Terri said...

I loved those fossils. I was just thinking about our life on the farm the other day. We sure had it made with all the fields to walk in!

Pat said...

I love these little windows into who you are - I feel like I know you more and more.
I too have a height thing - and a major bridge phobia. I'm ok if I'm the one driving, but being a passenger on a bridge gives me the heebe-geebe's!

Unknown said...

Ok, some things I knewabout & some I didn't...

The Birds Nest said...

It's always fun to learn little tidbits about others. It might take me a couple days to get to the meme (since we're trying to pack and move), but I promise I'll get to it.

sharon brobst said...

Thanks for participating Mari...it was great learning a little more about you...

Rebekah said...

I always like to read these things and learn about my blogging friends. We used to hunt for fossils at my Grandmas place when I was growing up.

Nise' said...

Just "telling" Nancy that I was always the youngest in my class as well! Hated it then, love it now (being the youngest)!.

Renee said...

This was fun Mari- I'm glad you did this meme.

I am the same way about shoveling. I love to shovel (mostly because I'm just happy to get out of the house right now), but my hubby would rather do it because he can do it so much quicker than me. He doesnt' care if there is some leftover snow.

Glad to know I'm not alone!