Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Slow Cooking Thursday


It's time for another slow cooking recipe. This recipe is easy and good. It's also kid friendly!


Easy Does-It Spaghetti
2 pounds ground beef, browned and drained
1 cup chopped onion
1 teaspoon garlic
2 cans (15 oz) tomato sauce
2 to 3 teaspoon Italian seasoning
6 cups tomato juice
2 - 4 ounce cans sliced mushrooms drained (optional)
1 pkg (16 oz) dry spaghetti broken into 4-5 inch pieces
Combine all ingredients except spaghetti in crock pot. Stir well. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours. Turn on high for last hour and stir in dry spaghetti. (I like to put in spaghetti 1 1/2 hours before serving to make sure it's done)


For more slow cooking recipes visit Sandra at Diary of a SAHM.

post signature

17 comments:

Pennies In My Pocket said...

Yet another fabulous recipe!! LOVE it! I always get hungry when I come here on Thursdays! lol

I've been slow on blog browsing lately...I need to catch up on your site. I always feel so peaceful and comfy here at your blog! :)

~melody~

Beth Cotell said...

Sounds delicious! I've never made spaghetti in the slow cooker before. I'll have to give it a try!

Rebekah said...

Sounds de-lish. You always post the best recipes

Anonymous said...

Yummy! Thanks for sharing!


MJ

Cheri said...

Sounds great- Anything with spaghetti in it is a hit with Arianna

Laura said...

Is it really easier to do that though as opposed to throwing it in a pot and opening a can of Ragu? It sounds good, but I'm probably too lazy! :)

jennwa said...

I did not know you could do spaghetti like that. I will have to try that. Yummy! Thanks.

Terri said...

My family loves spaghetti. I made it last night. But this sounds a little different - I'm going to give it a try.

Anonymous said...

It's my favorite day!!!
Spaghetti in a crock pot? who knew? I might try that on a day when I leave the house at 3:30 and won't be back until dinner time.

Annie said...

Sounds great, I love spaghetti in the crock pot!

Michelle said...

Thanks Mari! McKenna thanks you as spaghetti is her favorite ;)

Renee said...

This sounds easy and delicious! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the slow cooker spaghetti recipe. We love spaghetti at our house.

Renee said...

Mmmmmmmmmmm...sounds great!! And low fuss. Perfect. Thanks for sharing!

Heather C said...

Looks GREAT! Can't wait to try it!

I've noticed that we frequent many of the same blogs, so wanted to drop by your place... I'll definitely be back! :)

God bless, Mari!

Heather

Sandra said...

YUMMY, sounds wonderful :)

The Birds Nest said...

You know I love a recipe!!!