Pages

Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Cooking Thursday

I have such a good recipe for you today.  Is it good for you?  No!  But I think it's ok for an occasional treat and it is so very good.

This is a cinnamon bread, that has the gooey taste and texture of cinnamon rolls. It starts with frozen bread dough, so it's easy to make. Try it - you'll like it!



Cinnamon Roll Bread

1 loaf frozen bread dough
6 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons corn syrup
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons cinnamon
powdered sugar frosting

Place frozen dough in large loaf pan and allow to thaw and rise until dough is just over the edge of the pan.
Melt butter and stir it together with the corn syrup. Place in a large flat bowl or pan.
Stir together the white sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon.
Remove dough from loaf pan and make 5 deep slices, diagonally across the top of the dough, cutting almost but not quite through to the bottom. (It will look like a mess at this point, but don't worry.)
Place dough into the melted butter mix, flip over and let butter get into the slits you cut.
Spread sugar mix over the dough, ensuring the outside and all crevices are coated.
Place parchment paper in loaf pan, making sure the parchment drapes over the edge to allow easy removal of bread. Spray parchment with non-stick spray.
Place dough into parchment lined loaf pan, also to rest for 15 minutes.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes, checking frequently at the end.
Allow to cool and frost with powdered sugar frosting.

28 comments:

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Dear Mari, I do like cinnamon rolls. 😋 This looks delicious. Thank you for sharing this recipe. 🙏

Miss Merry said...

raisin bread is one of my favorites!

Miss Merry said...

Too funny - it looked like raisin bread. I think it's the glaze. I am a cinnamon roll fan too.

Great-Granny Grandma said...

It does look good and pretty easy to make.

Connie said...

Looks and sounds like a ooey gooey slice of Heaven 😊

🌺 Debby/From My Shasta Home said...

Oh my, this has my husband and part of the family written all over this recipe. They would love this. Now me and my sons would pass. Too sweet for us. But that doesn't stop me from baking it plus I bet it smells good throughout the house!

Chatty Crone said...

That looked great. Can you believe I made cinnamon rolls today?

Lancy said...

Looks very delicious!
I got fresh cinnamon lately. I will definitely try this one :) I remember adding cinnamon to my hot chocolate last week and how we enjoyed the flavor.. while eating a spicy meal...

Veronica Lee said...

I can almost smell the cinnamon wafting through the kitchen just reading this. Nothing beats that warm, sugary aroma while bread bakes. 😋

Ginny Hartzler said...

Perfect for fall. I would eat it for breakfast with either coffee or a big glass of old milk

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Yummy, Mari!

Dianna said...

Oh my goodness! That looks delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Kim Carberry said...

Ohh! This does look good and perfect for this time of year! Thank you for sharing!

Ash said...

I LOVE cinnamon rolls and this sounds AMAZING.
Ash @ Essentially Ash
Click here if you want to follow me on Bookstagram, booktok, add my snapchat or check out my photography

Terri D said...

Oh my goodness!! I will add frozen bread dough to my next grocery list!! Yum! xo

R's Rue said...

Yum.

Kris said...

Oh, this looks and sounds so yummy! This would be great to make on a Saturday morning when the grandkids are spending the night!

HappyK said...

That sure looks delicious.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Wow, that sure sounds good and gooey and yummy! Not sure if I would survive eating it, but I'd sure like to try! I'd love to smell it baking probably even more! LOL. Thanks for sharing it with us. Happy October!

photowannabe said...

OOoooo that sounds ooie gooey delicious to me . I can feel my blood sugar rising just reading the recipe. Love the easiness of it too.
Sue

Barbara said...

Oh yeah!!!!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Oh my. - I must try this!! Maybe need to host a brunch sometime soon and this would be a perfect accompaniment. 😉😋

Michelle said...

This looks good! We all need a treat now and again.

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like cinnamon.
Many thanks for sharing this recipe.

Sending good wishes for the new month of October.

All the best Jan

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

That does sound so delicious! We eat sweets very little any more. But I would be tempted with this recipe for sure :)

Kim said...

Pinning! Cinnamon rolls are my favorite in fall.

Nicole Orriëns said...

I actually felt my mouth watering when I read your recipe Mari.

Jeanette said...

That looks deadly delicious!