Pages

Monday, September 21, 2026

Come walk with me...

The weather has changed here making my morning walks a little different.  It's cooler, with temps often in the low 60's. The sunrise is later which makes everything look a little different when I go out.  It makes walking much more comfortable and the change in lighting makes me want to take more pictures as I walk.  So here's a few from some recent morning walks.




These are hard to see, but in a field near us, there have been some cranes most every morning.  I know my friends in Florida see them frequently, but they aren't as common here and are fun to see.






A little further down the road, the horses were out and grazing.





On this morning, I decided to walk to an area near us that is part of the State Recreation/Forest Area.  It's an 830 acre parcel, next to the Grand River that is mostly untouched, and is managed by the DNR for wildlife.  You can walk back on this trail and are surrounded by woods and marsh.





Here's a unique plant I saw along the way. It's called Virgins Bower and is a native climbing vine.





There was lots of goldenrod blooming and this field of it was at eye level with me.





I saw lots of animal tracks along the path.







aren't these the cutest mushrooms?







On my way back home I came upon this common sight in our area, lots of people have chickens. "Why did the chicken cross the road?"  I'm not sure, but it joined a friend on the other side.




The next pictures are from the next day.  It was a misty morning with beautiful light!


Isn't this a beautiful scene?  This is why I love the mornings this time of year.





One more photo from a little further down the road.

I hate to think of the weather changing, but for now I'm enjoying these mornings!

4 comments:

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Dear Mari, thank 😊 🙏 ❤️ you for sharing these beautiful pictures of your walk. I love seeing the horses and the chicken, something I don't see here in a big city like Montreal. The mushrooms, animal tracks 👣
goldenrod and magnificent views are a joy to see.

Connie said...

What a lovely post . . . The only thing better would be to be there in person to walk with you 😊

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Lovely pictures of your walk. The little mushroom trio is very cute, and I love that Virgins Bower vine. I haven't seen one of those before.
When I saw the picture of the chicken, I had the same first thought--why did the chicken cross the street?

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Mari! You have a beautiful place place to walk. I love fall and fall walks. Great pictures. See you again soon!