Pages

Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Cooking Thursday

I made this yummy Queso dip last week.  We had a meal with friends, and they served pork tacos.  I saw this recipe and thought it was perfect to bring along.  It was so easy and was yummy!  I'll be making this one again!


White Queso Dip

1/2 pound White American Cheese or Monterey Jack Cheese
1/2 pound Pepper Jack Cheese
12 ounces evaporated milk
4.5 ounce can green chilies, drained
1 teaspoon ground cumin
Melt cheeses with evaporated milk in saucepan, or place in small crock pot on low for 1-2 hours.
When cheese is melted, stir until smooth.  Stir in the drained green chilies and the ground cumin.
Serve with scoop tortilla chips.

17 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

YUM!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Wow, that looks delicious! Thanks for the recipe.

Catherine said...

Must be good to go with tortillas !

Katerinas Blog said...

I will try it,
it looks very tasty!!
Thank you Mari!

acorn hollow said...

I would love it but husband would not any kind of spice and he is not happy.
Cathy

Debbie said...

Hi Mari! I could eat that entire bowl :) I love queso! And what fun to have your friends cook too! I love those kind of nights. Thanks for coming over to the blog. I am looking forward to adding yours to my list of favorites.

Donna said...

Don't you just love queso?? I've also just tried Mexican Crema (table cream)...Yummm!!!
Better than heavy whipping cream in my coffee...And!! Congratulations on you purchase of the digital canner! I've canned jams, jellies...Then, green beans...tomatoes, etc. It's SO easy to use for everything. I love that you don't have to babysit the thing. Get on YouTube and find hundreds of videos on how to use it and recipes. Have fun!
hugs
Donna

Terri D said...

A sure winner!! Thanks, Mari!

R's Rue said...

Yum

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Holy yum! My mouth is watering!! 😋

HappyK said...

That really does sound good!!

Prims By The Water said...

Looks and sounds like a wonderful appetizer. TFS Janice

Kim said...

Mmm...haven't had dairy in almost 3 months. Boy, do I miss it.

Lowcarb team member said...

Looks good.
Many thanks for sharing the recipe.

All the best Jan

Veronica Lee said...

Mari, this White Queso Dip looks absolutely delicious! 😋
I love how simple the recipe is and how it sounds like a perfect match for pork tacos.
I’ll definitely have to try making this soon.
Thanks for sharing it!

Judy said...

Yay! Another one to print out. I just love the recipes you share.

Jenny the Pirate said...

I've copied this one. Sounds scrumptious! xoxo