Pages

Monday, November 11, 2019

Suddenly it's Winter!

Winter hit us early this year.  As I was enjoying the beautiful Fall colors, it got cold and the snow came!

Our Japanese Maple was just gorgeous this year, the leaves were bright red and they even looked pretty on the ground.
This is how things were looking Wednesday, during a brief moment of sunshine.  You can see we had just a little snow that day.


 Thursday morning, the back yard looked like this.



 There wasn't a lot of snow, but it was a slippery drive in to work, as the roads were icy.



This looks like a mix of Fall and Winter!


 The pumpkins on the front steps were also covered with snow.



Remember our living room view?  It looks a little different with the snow!

I hope this doesn't mean we  are in for lots of snow this winter!

12 comments:

Terri D said...

I have been watching FB and so many folks "up north" are posting about the snow they are getting. I say it each year that I don't even want to see snow in person, ever again. We love our 75° winters! The doors and windows were open all day today.

Joyful said...

Everything is beautiful with the dusting of snow. I too hope you don't get lots and lots.

Arlene G said...

It is going to be frigid here in the morning but warmer again on Wednesday. Not ready for the really cold winter weather in mid November.

Linda said...

Oh we got walloped here over night...suddenly its winter. wow...smiles

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Your pictures are so pretty. I have always loved snow but as I grow older, it is harder on me. I love seeing it fall and the quietness of it.

Changes in the wind said...

Wouldn't want to drive on those icy roads but then I guess you are accustomed to it as you have this weather every year:) I like the sit inside and look out part.

Jenny the Pirate said...

Awww Mari, I know how much you were enjoying your beautiful fall season and how much you dread winter. But it IS gorgeous with the dusting of snow! I don't like the thought of you driving on icy roads. You're a careful driver but still ... you're in my prayers, friend! Happy start to the holiday season! xoxo

Saija said...

hey Mari … love your pics … our leaves are gone, and the snow has arrived here too … and it is COLD! brrrr …

I slacked off on my blogging a few years ago - tho' I tried to put something on, atleast once a month … but then a few years ago, I tried abit harder with putting the posters I make out there (3 or 4 times a month) … so nice to see you visiting! :)

Great-Granny Grandma said...

We haven't had snow yet, but it feels like it's on the way. Temperatures dropped drastically, practically overnight, and the sky is looking ominous.

Laurel Wood said...

Wow! How quickly things change! I'm thankful you took photos of your pretty Autumn colors before the snow. Thankful you had a safe trip on the icy roads too.

Michelle said...

Same thing happened here in KY today. No school with cold temps and black ice.

Doris said...

Looks pretty but it's starting too soon! Leaves and snow is just too strange =)