Pages

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Cooking Thursday

Last week it was cold and dreary here and this meal was perfect for that weather!  It's a recipe that can be made on the stove top or in the crock pot. I made it in the crock pot and it was so nice to come home from work and find supper all ready for us.  This one is a favorite at our house, it's so good!

Southwestern White Chili

1 tablespoon butter
1 cup chopped celery
1 green pepper, seeded and finely chopped
1 onion, finely chopped
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and diced
1 jar (48 ounces) Great Northern Beans
2 1/2 teaspoons cumin
1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
4 cups chicken broth
8 ounces cheddar cheese

Melt butter in skillet over medium heat.  Saute celery, onion and green pepper until translucent.
In stockpot or crockpot, combine chicken, beans, cumin, salsa and chicken broth.  Stir in celery mixture.  Simmer uncovered in stockpot for about an hour stirring occasionally, or in crockpot for 6 hours on low.  About 5 minutes before serving, stir in cheese and allow to melt.

11 comments:

Arlene G said...

It is chilly here this morning Mari...that chili would be a good idea for supper.

Jennifer Hays said...

This looks so good. I love white chili. I will add this recipe to my list. Thanks, Mari!

Changes in the wind said...

Yum....

Jenny said...

Wow I don’t have a recipe for white chili. This sounds awesome. Thanks, Mari! xoxo

Sally said...

Thanks, Mari. I haven't had this before! :)

xoxo

Terri D said...

This one went into my private cache of recipes on Pinterest! Yum!!

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

I love the fact that this soup can be made ahead and enjoyed in the evening! It looks scrumptious!

Cherdecor said...

A perfect meal for this kind of weather.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

That sounds so cozy & yummy for my cold rainy/snowy northwoods right now! I've never made a white chili - just traditional. I need to try this! Xo

Phoebes World said...

Oh that looks so yummy...Hubby would love it. Another one for the recipe box
Phoebe x

Joyful said...

That looks like the perfect chili for a cold and dreary day. I made some chili too but the kidney bean kind. I love your little cartoon also. Have a Happy Thanksgiving Mari.xx