Pages

Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Cooking Thursday

It's getting cooler here and that means a change in what we eat. Today I have a good cool weather meal for you.  It's made in the crock pot and is yummy!


Chicken over Biscuits

1 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken tenders
1 tablespoon minced onion
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 bay leaf
12 oz jar chicken gravy
1/3 cup water
2 celery stalks, chopped
Pillsbury frozen buttermilk biscuits (they come in a pkg of 12)
1 16 oz bag frozen mixed vegetables

Place  chicken in crock pot. Sprinkle onion, pepper and bay leaf over. Pour  gravy over top, then water. Put celery on top. Cook on low for 8-9  hours.
30 minutes before serving, remove bay leaf and stir in mixed  vegetables. Break apart chicken tenders with a fork. Turn heat to high  and cover. Cook amount of biscuits you want as directed on pkg.
Split biscuits and pour chicken mix over top.


11 comments:

Lady Jane said...

This is yummy!!! I usually make this on the stove top with rotisserie chix from the market. Sometimes I make dumplings instead of using the biscuits. Hugs, LJ

Linda said...

Now that, my family would love, smiles.

Dianna said...

Wow...it looks so yummy...and is so easy to prepare! Our weather has turned cooler and this would be the perfect recipe for me to try with being gone several hours in the middle of the day. I could just put the crock pot to work! Thanks, Mari!

Hootin Anni said...

Just like chicken and dumplings, only without the mess. DEEEElicious.

ps...love the quiet solitude of your Wordless Wednesday also.

Changes in the wind said...

Made something similar last Tues. for our dinner and it hit the spot.

Anita Johnson said...

I agree with all the comments. Is looks delicious!

Sally said...

Another great recipe! Thank you, Mari.

xoxo

Betsy Brock said...

Yum. :)

We're feeling cooler, here, too! It was in the 40's this morning and I had to dig through the boys' closet to find some warmer clothes for them!

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

That looks so good and love those easy meals....especially the crockpot ones!

Terri D said...

I love that I finally figured out how to add recipes to Pinterest! This one has been saved!! Yum.

Cherdecor said...

I wish I could eat this because it looks really good!