Pages

Sunday, March 5, 2017

Weekend Review

Hope you all had a nice weekend!  I was working this weekend, but had Friday off which was nice.  My daughter Heather had the day off as well, and asked me to go out for lunch with her.  We had lunch at Panera, did a little shopping at a Meijer near us, then stopped at a thrift store and a local antique/décor place.  She got a cute farmhouse sign for her house.

I got this cute towel to hang on my stove.  Those are all names of streets in our town.



Friday evening Bob and I went into Grand Rapids to go through the yearly Home and Garden Show.  His store was a participating vendor, so that made it even more enjoyable to walk through.  It was a pretty drive - very cold out but clear blue skies are nice!



Check out these cute Adirondack chairs with backs shaped like Michigan!



Here's Bob talking to the guys at his store's spot.



The middle of this venue was all set up with a huge garden.  There were brick walkways and spring flowers in bloom.  It smelled wonderful!  They even had this old car on display!



I had to work on Saturday, but Heather and Andrew came over in the evening to work in Bob's workshop.  They bought an old chest and dresser and have been coming over occasionally to work on it.  Saturday evening Heather was putting the final wax coat on the chest while Andrew worked on the dresser drawers.  They finished the chest and took it home with them.

I worked on Sunday too.  I'm sure you remember that we recently completed a new addition and opened it 2 weeks ago.  They are now working to renovate the existing building.

One side of the building is closed off and is all torn up.  We can't get in during the week when the guys are working, but I snuck over to check it out on Sunday.  They say it will take 2-3 months to complete, then they will start on the other side.

That's my weekend.  Aside from a very crazy day at work on Saturday, it was a good weekend!

15 comments:

Sandi said...

What a cool idea for that towel! Who makes that sort if thing? You must live in a very trendy town.

Stephanie said...

Sounds like a fabulous weekend, my friend. Thanks for sharing your delightful photos...love that old car!

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

John would love those chairs for our garden area! Cute idea, and so is the kitchen towel you purchased. I know you and Heather enjoyed lunch out and shopping. I hope your Monday will be a pleasant one.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Those chairs are really neat! Love the towel you got too. Glad you and Heather got to spend some time together, shopping....Your work place is going to be brand new by the time they finish everything....hope you have a nice Monday!

Betsy Brock said...

Goodness...you were busy! Work and fun stuff, too!
We're back to gray skies and rain! We had a brilliantly blue sky and sun day, too but not any longer! haha.

Patsy said...

You had a fun week-end, enjoyed the trip on your blog.

Laura said...

Wow! That was a busy weekend. I haven't been to the home show in years, it would be fun to go again! I love the towel - so cute!

Jean said...

I love that towel too, How cool that you have a Fillmore Street!

I still think it's amazing to know someone who lives near Grand Rapids, Michigan. My kids grew up listening to Aunt Bertha and Uncle Charlie from Grand Rapids, Michigan every Saturday morning. I probably told you that before. We used their monthly children's devotional books too.

Beth Cotell (A Mom's Life) said...

sounds like you were able to have a little fun this weekend even though you were working! Enjoy your week!

Doris said...

Sounds like a good weekend even though you had to work. May the crazy days at work be few for you during this week ;-)

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

That sounds like a wonderful weekend! And I loved seeing photos of the gardening show!! We have something similar here, but I think it's usually in April. I haven't gone in a few years, but may need to make it a priority this year since I have Spring fever so badly. ;)

The chest that Heather and Andrew were working on looks so cool. What a pretty shape to it.

And the renovation for the other side of your building is looking like it's well underway! What a wonderful bright shiny new place all the wings will be once it's done.

Blessings on your week. xoxo

Sally said...

So wonderful that you and Heather were able to spend time together, just the two of you.

I haven't been to the home and garden show here for a long time. It looks like, other than having to work *(and sounds like Saturday wasn't so good)* you had some good times!

xoxo

Saleslady371 said...

You're a hard working gal! I love to eat at Panera Bread in San Diego when I visit my daughter. She got me a pumpkin struesel muffin with my coffee that was out of this world. That Home and Garden show interests me. Must have been so much fun! Have a great week.

Dianna said...

Sounds as if your day off on Friday was very enjoyable. I'm glad. You've been working a lot lately.

Cherdecor said...

This was such an enjoyable post! I would have loved to walk with you at the Home and Garden show and to walk through the garden they set up. If that didn't get us into the spirit of spring, I don't know what would!

I hope that Heather shows us the finished dresser that she was working on. It looks pretty already.

It looks like more exciting things going on at your work place.