Pages

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Cooking Thursday

I made these brownies for the first time last week. They had rave reviews on Pinterest, so I thought I would try them. They are a little more time consuming than my regular recipe, but not bad. Bob thought they were awesome, and I'm warning you that you might not want to even try them, because they are so good, and they'll make you gain weight just by looking at them!  Because they are so rich, they don't replace regular brownies, but they are a good occasional treat!


Flourless Chocolate Brownies

2 cups (12-oz. pkg.)Semi-sweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, cut into pieces
2 tablespoons water
1/4 cup cocoa
4 large eggs
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream

Preheat oven to 300º F. Line 9-inch-square baking pan with foil. Grease bottom and sides.

Heat 1 1/2 cups morsels, butter and water in medium, heavy-duty saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until morsels and butter are melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in cocoa until smooth. Remove from heat.

Beat eggs and sugar in medium mixer bowl until thick, about 4 minutes. Stir in vanilla extract. Fold 1/3 of egg mixture into chocolate mixture. Fold in remaining egg mixture, one half at a time, until thoroughly incorporated.  Pour into prepared pan.

 Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until risen in center and edges start to get firm and shiny (center may still move and appear underbaked). Cool completely in pan on wire rack (center may sink slightly). Cover; refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.

Place cream in small, uncovered, microwave-safe dish. Microwave on HIGH (100%) power for 25 to 30 seconds. Add remaining 1/2 cup morsels. Let stand for 2 to 3 minutes; stir until chocolate is melted.

 Spread ganache over chilled brownie. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Using two opposite sides of foil, carefully lift the entire brownie out of the pan and place on cutting board. Carefully peel away foil from brownie. Cut into bars. Store in tightly covered container in refrigerator.

* These brownies are almost like fudge, cut into small pieces!

14 comments:

Betsy Brock said...

I saw these on Pinterest and wondered if they would be good! I bet my chocolate loving mister would love them!

Doris said...

Oh wow....no flour works for me. But, oh wow, the rest of the ingredients!! Maybe I should just keep looking at the picture and thinking how good they look ;-) you were brave to make them!

Arlene G said...

Oh my goodness Mari!!!! Those look divine but I better not make them as I would eat the whole pan!

Unknown said...

WOW, any chocolate lover would be in heaven to make and eat these brownies.

Kelly-Anne said...

Oh dear... Mari! These brownies look far too delicious! I have a weakness for brownies and love them with vanilla ice cream! I haven't made in years, so perhaps I should whip them up sometime in the not~too~distant~future! Hee, fortunately there are nine of us so they shouldn't last too long!
Thank you for sharing your recipe...hope you have a delightful Thursday further...hugs!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Wow do these ever sound rich and delicious!! Thanks for sharing Mari. ;)
Gotta love that pinterest, huh? Lol Sure doesn't help me in the weight loss battle.
xoxo

Jenny said...

Noooooooo

Jenny said...

I copied it. xoxo

Terri D said...

As I was reading the recipe, my thought was that it sounded more like candy! Oh my goodness, I can almost feel my teeth hurt from the sugar! Yum!!

Renee said...

They look delicious! I just visited your food blog and I can't wait to try some of those recipes too!

Renee ~ My Cooking Thursday Post

Sally said...

Sure thought I left a comment, but wow, looks SO good! :)

xoxo

Jennifer Hays said...

Gosh, they sound good! Do you know I've never made brownies from scratch, only from a mix? I'd like to make them from scratch, though, especially if they're anything like these! :)

Kim said...

I like the idea that there isn't any flour....as that makes the gluten free for me. However, they do look really rich, so I think that these would be perfect to serve warm with vanilla ice cream on top. Might have to give them a try!

Just A Southern Girl said...

This is one of those recipes I could enjoy, since there's no flour. But with that list of ingredients, it would definitely have to be a special occasion dessert :) Am going to pin this!