Pages

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Cooking Thursday

We usually have a light supper on Sunday evening; often a hot sandwich or bun of some sort.  A recipe we like is this pizza burger recipe.  I usually have my ground beef browned and ready to go, which makes this a very quick and easy meal.  It's something my kids enjoyed when they were home too.


Pizza Burger Buns

1 pound ground beef, browned and drained
12 ounces pizza sauce
2 cups mozzerella cheese
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
8 hamburger buns

Stir together ground beef, pizza sauce, cheese and Italian seasoning.
Spread mixture onto hamburger bun halves.
Broil until lightly browned.
That's it!  Enjoy!

14 comments:

Sola Scriptura said...

That's a great idea. I like the tip about having the ground beef already browned and ready for a quick meal. Yummy :)

Linda said...

Hey, we do that too!!! Smiles--thanks for sharing, Mari. Blessings

Terri D said...

Delicious, I'm sure! Joe would probably eat this - hooray! And I could gobble it up without a bun. Thanks, Mari!

Betsy Brock said...

Anything pizza is delicious in my book!

Unknown said...

Anything easy and quick is #1 on my list of 'likes'!

Anonymous said...

Looks delicious and I am all about quick in this summer heat!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

What a great idea for using up leftover hamburger (& even hot dog) buns that don't get eaten up. I always have extra around from grilling. My kiddos would love this and could make their own kinds (they'd like pepperoni & hubby & I would do hamburger).
Thanks Doll! xoxo

Amy at love made my home said...

Great idea for something quick and tasty! xx

Cherdecor said...

The taste of pizza will go around the world! I bet this is a great recipe.

Dianna said...

Sounds delish! But then your recipes always do. Thank you for sharing.

Jenny said...

Looks and sounds delectable. Thanks for sharing that, Mari. xoxo

Kelly-Anne said...

Oh, nothing is more delicious than pizza...especially homemade! Thank you for sharing your lovely recipes, dear Mari!
Have a wonderful, blessed day!

Judy said...

Yum! I haven't had a pizza burger in a long time and yours looks so good.

Bethany Carson said...

Mmmm! Looks good! It would be hard to go wrong with any type of pizza!