Pages

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Cooking Thursday

I tried out a new recipe last week that I'm sharing with you today.  It's a version of Chicken Spaghetti, which I've made before, but I really like this recipe for it.  Hope you do too!

 
 
Crockpot Chicken and Spaghetti
 
3 lb. chicken pieces - boneless, skinless
1 (2/3 oz.) pkg. Italian salad dressing mix
4 tbsp. melted butter
1 small onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 (10 1/2 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
8 oz. cream cheese
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 lb. of spaghetti

Place chicken pieces in crock pot and sprinkle Italian seasoning over chicken. Sprinkle with 2 tbsp. melted butter. Cook on low for 4-6 hours. Use to forks to break up chicken
Melt 2 tbsp. butter in a saucepan and sauté onion and garlic. Add Cream of Chicken Soup, cream cheese, and chicken broth. Stir until smooth. Add this mixture to crockpot and cook on low for an additional hour.
Prepare spaghetti according to package directions and stir into mixture in crockpot. Enjoy!

11 comments:

Terri said...

sounds yummy!

Jennifer Hays said...

I've had this one before and I liked it too!

Betsy Brock said...

Mmmmm! This is new to me! Pinning this one!

Terri D said...

I would absolutely love this, but Joe would not even taste it. He has such an aversion to casseroles, and pasta with anything other than homemade "gravy" (spaghetti sauce). First generation American, raised in an Italian environment. I grew up in the Midwest, in the Methodist church (lots of pot-luck casserole dinners!). Two different worlds, but I do still love the comfort foods of my younger years!

Unknown said...

Sounds and looks good. I love one dish 'anything'. Thanks for sharing.

Linda said...

Oh that looks good..another recipe to save. Blessings

Hootin Anni said...

You always have such tempting, delicious sounding recipe shares. And this one...well, anything with chicken has my vote.

Anonymous said...

This sounds good. We use the Italian seasoning in a couple of dishes. Wishing you a happy Valentine's Day, Mari.

Nancy said...

My friend makes this and I've always thought I'd try but haven't...Thanks for the instructions....

Sola Scriptura said...

This looks so yummy. You always share really good recipes - thanks!

Gloria Baker said...

Look yumm!