Pages

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Cooking Thursday

The recipe I have for you today could be used for breakfast or as a side dish. It's quick and easy to make, and it has bacon in it, which is always good. :)
 My friend Sandra took a break from hosting Cooking Thursday when she moved, but I'm happy to tell you she is back. For more recipes, stop over at her place.



Bacon Cheese Pull-Aparts

1 egg
2 tablespoons milk
1 16.3 ounce Pillsbury Grands Flaky Biscuits
2.1 ounce package pre-cooked bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
 
Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 11x7 glass baking dish with cooking spray. In large bowl, beat egg and milk with wire whisk until smooth. 
 Separate dough into 8 biscuits; cut each into quarters. Gently stir biscuit pieces into egg mixture to coat evenly. Fold in bacon, cheese and onions. Spoon mixture into sprayed dish; arrange biscuit pieces in single layer.
Bake at 350°F. for 23 to 28 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into squares.
 
 

8 comments:

Connie said...

My, this looks very good.

Beth Cotell said...

You had me at bacon!

Linda said...

Bacon & cheese, how can one go wrong with that? Yummy!!! Thanks for sharing.--- Thanks for stopping by my blog on a daily basis. I really do appreciate it. Blessings

Jennifer Hays said...

These look so good! Thanks for the recipe. I love recipes like this. Have you ever tried the "pizza balls" that you make with biscuit dough, with pepperoni and cheese tucked inside? I made those last year for the Super Bowl and they were a huge hit.

Unknown said...

Looks so good and definitely want to give it a try.

Terri D said...

Good golly does that sound (and look) good!! Thanks so much. A must try, for sure!

Jenny said...

And THAT my friend is why I'm happy I have an oven again. All these years I've been copying and pasting your Cooking Thursday posts, and how I can make any one of them I want!

LL Cool Joe said...

Blimey, they look god!