Pages

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Back Yard Beauty/Short break

We had extremely hot and humid, record setting weather last week. We were all happy to have some cooler air blow in on the weekend. We did have rain predicted, but it didn't come, so hopefully we'll see a little of that this week. Unlike us, our flowers really enjoyed that hot and humid weather. Here's a few pictures of our back yard flowers.


One of my favorites is the lavender.  Not only does it add a nice splash of color, it smells wonderful!  I wish I had saved some of the heads to dry and enjoy, but I think they are too far open for that now.




We picked up this old headboard at an estate sale.  It's missing a piece, but we thought it fit right into this spot against Bob's workshop.  The tiger lilies look happy growing next to it.


 

We have lots of these white coneflowers in a bed out back.  They are another of my favorites.  (I have a lot of favorites!)




I like to wander around the flowers in the late evening.  The rays of the setting sun shines so nicely on the flower beds.

I'll be missing from my blog and from visiting you for a few days.  I have to go to Ohio for some meetings for work.  I'll be back Wednesday night, so will probably be around to visit again on Thursday.  See you then!

22 comments:

Terri D said...

Have a good trip, Mari. Say hello to my home state, for me please! Your yard is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Your yard is gorgeous. I love lavender and white cone flowers. I love the headboard with the lilies. There's a home hear us that has an old rusted bed spring suspended from a big old tree. Wish I could get a photo of it to share!
Have a safe trip.

Connie said...

Your yard is so pretty. Have a safe trip.

Connie said...

Your yard is so pretty. Have a safe trip.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Lovely flowers! I think the lavender is my favorite too! Enjoy your trip and see you later in the week!

Unknown said...

Oh how I love the old head board! We have one that was used as a gate when we moved onto our property and I have left it there for photo ops!

Terra said...

Have a good trip to Ohio, and I have lots of favorite flowers too. The white cone flowers are pretty and the lavender too.

ancient one said...

Love your back yard and all your flowers. We'll be right here waiting when you return..

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Your flowers and yard are lovely, Mari. Have a safe trip!

Aspiemom said...

I LOVE lavendar! Every garden should have it!

Have a good trip! I'm helping my parents move this week. Today I'm spending the day painting in their new home.

Susan said...

What a beautiful backyard, flowers, and pictures. Thanks for sharing it all with us.

Unknown said...

Have a good trip. Love your flowers and yard...you definitely have that 'green thumb'.

Jennifer Hays said...

Your flowers are just beautiful. The lavender is especially vibrant. Have a good trip!

Linda said...

Beautiful pics! Have a safe trip. The humidity has finally broken here in upstate NY too. Blessings

Nancy said...

I love the idea of the headboard for a trellis....Your flowers are beautiful and yes I really liked the shots from late afternoon.....

Cherdecor said...

Your flowers are lovely! It is a wonder they made it through all the heat but they look great! Hope you have a safe journey to Ohio and back.

LL Cool Joe said...

I know I sound like an old man, but I love walking around the garden watering all the plants early in the morning (at 5.30am) or in the evening when the air cools slightly. Your garden looks beautiful. Lovely photos.

Have a good and safe trip.

Hootin Anni said...

Beautiful...I too, like you, have a lot of favorites. When I was younger I did not like lavender...but I sure do now!! The fragrance is just unbeatable.

Enjoy your trip to Ohio...hope you have a bit a leisure time during your stay and not all business!!!

Pat said...

Your yard is beautiful, and shows so much love and care.
I love the old headboard, and I think the missing piece makes it looks perfect.
Safe travels!

Brooke said...

your lavender is gorgeous! jay and I want tiger lilies, but we'll have to see how long we'll be in this house before I go to the trouble of planting anything.

Jenny said...

I'm like you, Mari: I have lots of favorites too. Lavender is definitely among them. And your old headboard up against the workshop for tiger lilies to loll upon is most inspired. Beautiful touch. Have a safe trip.

Betsy Brock said...

great us of that lovely old headboard!

Ohio??? :) yay! ha.

It's cooler...wonderful!