Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

Come walk with me...

Bob and I went to our favorite park to enjoy a beautiful day and do a little walking.
Here's what things are looking like here in West Michigan.

This bridge crosses over a small river. I think it's such a pretty bridge!


In some areas around us, the trees are mostly green, but the leaves of the trees in this park were barely open. As you can see, the other plants are really green though!


We enjoyed watching several kayaks on the river.


We found some Trillium blooming!


These pretty little yellow flowers were blooming near a little stream.


This tree stump doesn't look like it will be around for too much longer.


This is one of the biggest beech trees I have ever seen. It's just beautiful!


We saw several dogwood trees as we walked. I love these flowers.


This is so cool - the tree had fallen over, but a little stream is now running through the roots.


The ferns will soon be open.


The maple tree leaves are opening too.


We saw a fallen tree that was host to some fungi.


Do you see this little guy we saw scampering around?


I love the dappled light through the trees.



Toward the end of the walk we came upon this tree, with such neat roots!

It was a beautiful day, and I was reminded again of why I love Spring!

21 comments:

Lynn said...

That beech tree is lovely! You live in such a beautiful part of the country.

Justabeachkat said...

Gorgeous photos Mari! Looks like a great place to walk.

Hugs,
Kat

Sadie said...

Love that beautiful tree! Looks like an amazing place to take a walk. Great spot for photos!

Erika Jean said...

Thanks! I enjoyed that walk, especially since I didn't have to get up ;-P

Sweet Tea said...

I'd take a walk more often if I lived near such a beautiful place (that's my story and I'm sticking to it!) . Absolutely gorgeous. Perhaps I burned a few calories as I viewed your walk! :-)

Nice to meet you!

Lara said...

Beautiful photos Mari! Thanks for sharing. I wish I had such a beautiful park near the place I live.

Brooke said...

gorgeous stuff :)

we finally got spring back after a couple weeks of early summer.

Sharon said...

Mari thank you for that beautiful walk in the park.
Your photos are so beautiful.
Have a nice day

Pat said...

Your photos are professional quality, they are wonderful! I loved taking this walk with you!

Melissa said...

What a beautiful park, and great pictures! It looks like the perfect place for a Sunday afternoon walk :)

Betty W said...

You are lucky to have such a nice place to walk in. Lovely pictures. I´m glad it´s finally warming up for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Those bridges are popular. Especially the curved ones. There are several around here where we live. They are designed to rust and the rust is protection. Something about the metal that makes them different.

Cool photos...

Connie said...

Nice photos. Is this park near us?

Marsha Young said...

What wonderful photos.

Thanks for stopping by Spots and Wrinkles. Yes, your job is stressful, as a nurse. My mom was a nurse for over 30 years and I saw how tough that was.

God bless you for the care you give to others. ...Marsha

ancient one said...

Loved going walking with you... great photos.

Unknown said...

Very beautiful Mari, is this Hemlock park???

Cherdecor said...

Thanks for the virtual tour of your walk in the woods. You really did get some wonderful pictures. How often have we seen a stream flowing under a fallen tree? Really neat stuff here.

Shelly said...

Thank you for taking us on a walk with you. It was very nice and adventurous. Loved all the photo shots.

septembermom said...

What lovely finds on your walk. Great photos Mari :)

Jenny said...

What stunning photos and what beauty you saw! Everything is trying so hard. I just know you'll have a beautiful and refreshing summer.

Crown of Beauty said...

Mari, I always love it when you put many pictures of your surroundings in one blog post. It is like looking through a photo album, and gives me a clearer picture of what is going on where you live.

I love spring. The pictures here are beautiful - the trillium, the dogwood, the beech tree... the young ferns... signs of new life... brings hope to my heart.

Happy Spring, Mari...

Love
Lidj