Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Cooking Thursday


The recipe I'm sharing today is one I tried for the first time yesterday. It's another one that goes together quickly, but is very tasty! For more recipes, visit Sandra at Diary of a SAHM.




Easy Italian Crescent Squares

1 pound ground beef, browned and drained
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 1/2 teaspoon oregano
2 teaspoons minced onion
1 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
12 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese (divided)
1 pkg crescent rolls

Press 1/2 pkg (4 rolls) crescent rolls into 9x9 pan. Place in 350 degree oven and bake for 8 minutes.
While this is baking, stir together beef, salt, garlic powder, oregano, minced onion and sauce.
After 8 minutes take pan out of oven. Sprinkle 6 ounces cheese over crescents, then meat mix, then remaining cheese.
Roll out the other 4 crescents to fit pan and place over cheese.
Bake for another 15-18 minutes, until top crust is golden brown.

16 comments:

Connie said...

Here comes Friday nights supper.
Sounds delicious!

Terra said...

Clever, and sounds delicious.

Betty W said...

Yummy, yummy! I´m so hungry right now. Too bad we don´t have crescent roll dough to buy here.

Hootin Anni said...

Mmmmmmmmmmm, the power of suggestion here today is really working. I can taste it right now. Seriously. Italian foods do that to me...the oregano, sauce and the garlic. Oh boy.......yummy. AND WARM!!


Thanks for visiting with me yesterday!!

SusanD said...

Yummm. Quick and easy. Sounds tasty too. I'll give it a try. Thanks for sharing. Blessings, SusanD

Pat said...

Sounds like a keeper. I love all the ingredients and put together it's making my mouth water!

Kim said...

I think this is going to be dinner tomorrow night at my house. Thanks for giving me a new way to eat the crescent rolls that I have in my fridge. I was gonna resort to using them to wrap around hot dogs, with cheese in the middle again.

Brooke said...

printing and cooking tonight for dinner!! :)

Penny said...

Yummy!!! You have the BEST recipes!!!

Anonymous said...

I will have to see it looks good enough to eat.

Justabeachkat said...

Thanks Mari. Just copied this to send to my daughter. Sounds a bit like lasagna without the noodles and she doesn't care for noodles...silly girl.

Hugs,
Kat

Sandra said...

Love your recipes, this one reminds me of that French Lasagne you shared one day. I'm totally bookmarking it :)

Blessed Beyond said...

OH wow! This looks so good and so easy! I am saving it to make one night and now you have the wheels rolling for other variations too. Thank you.
Blessings,

Jenny said...

TG's gonna love this and the 9x9 size is just enough for him and me. Thanks, Mari! Love your new "Cooking Thursday" header too!

Rose said...

this looks good in apperance and sounds good to eat. thanks for your comment on my post re photos. rose

SusanD said...

Hey Mari, I made this last night. The hubs and I both love it. It's definitely a keeper. Thanks so much for sharing it. Have a fabulous weekend. Blessings, SusanD