Pages

Monday, January 4, 2010

Bible and a haircut



A young boy had just gotten his driver's permit and inquired of his father
if they could discuss his use of the car. His father said he'd make a deal
with his son.

"You bring your grades up from a C to a B average, study your Bible a
little, get your hair cut and we'll talk about the car."

The boy thought about that for a moment decided he'd settle for the offer
and they agreed on it.

After about six weeks his father said, "Son, I'm real proud of you. You
brought your grades up and I've observed that you have been studying your
Bible, but I'm disappointed you haven't gotten your hair cut."

The young man paused a moment then said, "You know, Dad, I've been thinking
about that, and I've noticed in my studies of the Bible that Samson had long
hair, John the Baptist had long hair, Moses had long hair and there's even a
strong argument that Jesus had long hair."

And his father replied, "Did you notice they all walked everywhere they
went?"

23 comments:

Unknown said...

:) That put a smile on my face. Wise dad!

Kayren said...

I didn't quite see that one coming until the end. Good one!

Jenny said...

Awwwww! That's cute!

There's a pic of my black velvet coat on my blog now, Mari! Thanks for stopping by!

Jean said...

That's a good one!

I LOVE all the shots of your kids! I used to tell our gang that they had to behave themselves first for a good shot, and then they'd be allowed to act as crazy as they wanted for the last one. We had some really crazy last pictures over the years!

Brenda said...

HAHA! That's a good one!

Anonymous said...

Keep posting stuff like this i really like it.

Kari said...

That's funny Mari. Great comeback by the father.
Have a great day.

Joanne@ Blessed... said...

This is a hoot!

SusanD said...

ahahahaha! Very funny. Thanks for sharing. Blessings, SusanD

Just Mom said...

LOL! I'm going to have to remember this one...

Hootin Anni said...

I've read this before many times and never tire of reading it again....it's so wise.

Brooke said...

lol - jay sent this via email to me this morning. very cute.

Connie said...

Wise father - learning son.

Growin' With It said...

got a good laugh on this one!

Heart2Heart said...

Mari,

If only us parents were so wise in our responses to our children!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Saija said...

this one made me smile ... the oldies are the best ... i think i first heard this one back in the late 60's, especially at a time when the guys wore their hair long ... so it brought back memories for me! :o) thanx

Sandra said...

Now that is a good one Mari :)

I hope you're having a good day, did Andy make it back to Colorado ok?

Kim said...

ROFL!
Too cute! Will share this with Ivan when he's feeling better :-)

Susan said...

This was great!! I even read it to Mickey.
Susan

Cherdecor said...

I laugh every time I read this cute story. Thanks for the smile.

Lynn said...

This made me LOL!!! Thanks!

Pat said...

Good one! I wonder what some kids would give for an excuse about wearing the pants down to their knees?!

Unknown said...

Ha Ha Ha Ha HA HA! That is too great. LOVE it : )