Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Years Eve

For quite a few years we have gotten together with Bob's brother Tom and family to bring in the new year. We have kids close in age and it's been nice to be able to do this as a family. This year his brother Rog and family were going to come too, but Rog was sick so he stayed home. Jan and the boys came though. We started the night with a nice little supper of things like meatballs, cheesy potatoes, deviled eggs, cheese and crackers, veggies and dip... Needless to say, no one went hungry. After eating the kids headed off to the family room for some games. We had this group playing card games.
Then there was this group playing video games.

When midnight approached we got ready for the ball to drop. In case you were wondering we are a classy group. Yes - those are plastic glasses with sparkling juice!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Tom

Heather and Alecia

Here is the whole group of cousins, after seeing the new year in. Shortly after midnight we all headed off to our beds.
---
I had to work today and was greeted by snow. It had snowed during the night and was still snowing this morning.
This is the view from the parking lot at work. Isn't is pretty when the snow covers everything? I thought it was fitting for a new year - everything fresh and clean looking!
This makes me think of the verse that says our sins will be as "white as snow". We don't have to wait for a new year to start over- God gives us a fresh start whenever we ask for forgiveness!

post signature


15 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a fun night with lots of laughs. Heres to '08

As We Sail... said...

Looks like everyone was having a good time. Hope you have another year full of blessings.

sharon brobst said...

Sounds like a great night!

Happy New Year Mari! I have really enjoyed getting to know you...and look forward to more in 2008!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely reminder of the white as snow verse. It made me think of when I was shoveling the driveway today, the snow was all dirty when I would throw it onto the pile, just shows the contrast of what the Lord is willing to take away for us.
DMS

Pennies In My Pocket said...

LOVE the view from your work! It looks like a postcard! Beautiful! I wish we had snow here....love the verse as well. Very refreshing.

Looks like everyone had a great time for New Years!! :)
~melody~

Diane said...

I love the look of snow coming down and covering everything! The part about "white as snow" reminds me of when we were in Haiti leading VBS - "someone" was trying to explain how when Jesus died on the cross, He made our sins "as white as snow"... um... the translator tried to explain it as rain but I don't think it's quite the same! Since they normally don't have temps below 80 degrees, they have no idea what snow is!! It was so funny and we still tease her about it.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!
Nice to have family to share in the fun!

Laura said...

Looks like you all had a good time. And I love the snow on the trees - it's so beautiful!

Unknown said...

What a good way to start the new year, looks like you all enjoyed the fun & games

daisymarie said...

I was just looking out my window at work and watching it snow...but the sun is shining, too. It made wonder about a snowbow (not to be confused with a rainbow)...I mean shouldn't we get one? It's the least to ask for when we have to look at snow...(though looking sure beats driving all to pieces). ")

Cherdecor said...

Now, that is my kind of New Year's party .....family and food! You just can't beat it!

My sister emailed this morning. She is from Dayton. She said that area got 4 inches of snow. That is a lot of shoveling.

LeslieW. said...

That is a beautiful sight at work! You know it's in the 30's here today...in the daytime! Thats a big deal!

Pat said...

I love the pictures - what a great family. In fact, it looks like it could by my family, I even have that same star hanging on my basement wall!
I love the analogy of the fresh snow and and fresh start - any time we ask for forgiveness...beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures, you all look like you are having a wonderful time. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Beth Cotell said...

Looks like a fun evening! Happy New Year to you!