Pages

Sunday, September 13, 2026

Reunion Time

Last weekend we had a reunion with Bob's family.  He comes from a family of 6 kids and all of them were there. His younger brother has a beautiful property with lots of room to play, woods and walking trails and he hosts this every year. Quite a few of the grandkids weren't able to be there as some live out of state, and several were away for the weekend.  However, we had some special guests - Bob's one remaining uncle and his wife. They are both 88 years old, still live at home and drove 45 minutes to come and join us!



Here's Bob with Laura and his 2 sisters, Karla on the left is 1 year older than Bob, Diane on the right is the baby of the family.




Two of Bob's brothers; Larry is the oldest, Tom is 1 1/2 years younger than Bob.  




Here's the gang all enjoying supper.




After we ate, the kids had fun with sidewalk chalk.





We went hiking in the woods...





The kids were having a great time.


















Here's Bob with his Uncle Neal and Aunt Linda






Our Heather and Laura, with niece Alecia between them.





The kids enjoying some ice cream





Laura and Aaron






Bob with his other brother Rog






We even got a group photo.





The girls were having fun with glow necklaces






We ended the night around the bonfire. It's always good to have family time!

23 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

I think I remember the reunion from last year if I am not mistaken. This looks like so much fun with the family. I wish I had a bigger family. Wonderful.

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Dear Mari, what a lovely series of photos of your family reunion! And ending the night around the bonfire is a beautiful and relaxing way to end a fun day!

Ginny Hartzler said...

This is a wonderful and gorgeous property! And a good size crowd came as well. It must be great to have brothers.

Kim Carberry said...

What a wonderful family reunion and get together! It looks like everyone had a fantastic time. Fab photos!

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Fantastic photos of a special family gathering, Mari. I loved them!

Suemn said...

It looks like all the families had a great time getting together!

Terri D said...

This is just THE BEST thing to do and what a blessing that your's/Bob's family make the effort to gather and share the love. I have so many great memories of family reunions with my cousins when I was a kid. Your kiddos are making some and that is just fantastic!! Keep it going!! xo

Lori said...

Sounds like a really fun family day making memories. I'm sure it was a great time.

Jenny the Pirate said...

What an idyllic day. Such a wonderful place to have a party! That is a gorgeous photo of Laura and Aaron, but shirtless Connor is my fave, hahaha! These family times are precious because the years are going on and on, and increasingly many of us only see one another at weddings and funerals. We are attending the wedding of our nephew's son this week, and the week after that, TG is going to Ohio for a Johnson (his late mother's side) cousin reunion! I should go if only to get photos, but so far I've opted out, hahaha xoxo 🏴‍☠️

photowannabe said...

Oh how I love to see these family gatherings. Everyone looks like they are having such a good time and the gathering around the bonfire is special. Making memories for everyone.
Sue

Jeanette said...

Looks like such a fun time and a beautiful place for it!

HappyK said...

How nice to have such a nice family reunion. Looks like a great time.

www.nancyaruegg.com said...

Nothing better than a family reunion! Thank you for sharing the wonderful pics from yours. It's not easy to find activities that the little cousins can enjoy alongside the older ones. Sidewalk chalk and glow-necklaces are two winners!

Lowcarb team member said...

What a great family get-together.
I enjoyed the photographs you've shared here.

All the best Jan

Michelle said...

What a wonderful gathering and so nice to have it each year.

Miss Merry said...

I think it is so wonderful that your husband's family has these annual reunions. It is such a terrific way to keep family connections. We can all see how much fun and happiness there is between all the family members. Glad you were blessed with such a perfect weather day, too. It is so nice that his brother and wife can host each year.

Dianna said...

What a lovely time of family being together. I'm amazed at Bob's Uncle and Aunt driving that distance at their age...what an encouragement that is to me! xx

Nicole Orriëns said...

Such a beautiful tradition! I love how you're all sitting around the bonfire.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Family is such an amazing gift! What lovely family time and photos. And what a gorgeous property! I thought it was especially cool about the visit by the Aunt & Uncle. Special memories for sure. 💗

Jean said...

I LOVE this so much!! We're looking forward to being with all of Dick's brothers in October. One of them lives in northwestern Minnesota, so not too easy to have all five brothers together. I love that the one remaining uncle was there. In my family we still have one uncle on my mom's side and one aunt on my dad's side. They are so very special.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

How wonderful! What a beautiful family, and such a lovely place to gather! Looks like a perfect time and place! Love seeing the young children all together having a good time...what fun to see their generation coming together, and I hope they keep the family reunions going for many years to come! What a blessing. We won't be having a reunion of my family this year, and I am sad that we aren't as we aren't getting any younger, but we usually have it at my brother's daughter's home in NC, and it's a long way to travel and find reasonable places to stay (Charlotte, NC), so I don't know when we will try to do it again, but seeing your family together makes me want to go!!! Thank you for sharing the good times with us.

Kim said...

There's nothing like a family reunion!! I miss the days of the big family gatherings we used to have when we were young. Today, everyone is scattered all over the country. Although, my brother and niece did come spend the long Labor Day weekend with us and it was a blast!

Catherine said...

A beautiful family tradition! Love all the pictures of family enjoying the day.