Pages

Wednesday, September 2, 2026

Cooking Thursday

I use my crockpot a lot so I'm always interested in new recipes for it. I came across this one recently and made it last week.  It's another one of those recipes that is so easy to put together and you get a yummy meal later in the day!  You can serve it over mashed potatoes or pasta, and you only need a veggie or salad to complete the meal.



Italian Cream Chicken

1 1/2 pounds chicken breast tender
1 package Good Season Italian dressing mix
3/4 cup water
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 small sweet onion, finely chopped
8 ounces softened cream cheese
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup sour cream
Hot linguine or mashed potatoes

Combine water, dressing mix and salt in a large ziploc bag.
Add chicken tenders and onions. Marinade at least 2 hours or overnight.
Place chicken in slow cooker and pour marinade over top.
Cook on low for 3 hours.
Beat together the cream cheese, heavy cream and sour cream.
Pour over chicken and cook for another 1-2 hours.
Serve over linguine or mashed potatoes.

19 comments:

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Dear Mari, this looks delicious 😋 I would serve it over a bed of rice ot with mashed potatoes. Thank you so much for sharing your recipe.

Shug said...

The picture looks so tasty and then when I read the ingredients, my mouth was watering. This is a good one!!

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Wow, Mari, this sounds terrific!

Linda said...

Oh how yummy does that look! Smiles.

http://peacefulheartopenmind.blogspot.com/ said...

This looks good and I love crockpot recipes as well. Btw, when you were in Munising, did you happen to go to the Falling Rock Cafe & Bookstore? Good food with new & used books and great atmosphere.
Been there a couple of times as Munising is only an hour from me.

Dianna said...

This one is going in our menu rotation! It sounds and looks amazing! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Terri D said...

Sounds easy and like a keeper to me!! Thanks, Mari! YUM!

Jeanette said...

That looks really good! I don't use my crock pot too much in the summer but love to make soups and stews in the winter!

HappyK said...

Looks delicious.

🌺 Debby/From My Shasta Home said...

Looks good and bet it tastes even better!

Kim Carberry said...

Ohh! This sounds like a great recipe. I am always looking for new crockpot ones at this time of year. I will save it and give it a try.

Kim said...

Yummy!! This looks fabulous.

photowannabe said...

I love crock pot meals and this one sounds like a winner to me.
I'm always looking for new chicken recipes.
Thanks for sharing.
Sue

Ginny Hartzler said...

Looks so creamy and good!

acorn hollow said...

It sounds so yummy
Cathy

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Oh my -this sounds decadent and amazing!! 😋

Miss Merry said...

I love a creamy chicken recipe and this looks delicious!

acorn hollow said...

It looks so yummy
Cathy

Lowcarb team member said...

Looks delicious.
I'd probably serve it with mashed swede/rutabaga.

All the best Jan