Pages

Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Cooking Thursday

 Today's recipe is one of my favorite kinds. First - it's so easy!  Second, it freezes well.  And since there are just us two, I can make half and freeze half.  Last - it's good!



Easy Baked Spaghetti

1 pound ground beef (May also use sausage, or half beef and half sausage)
1 pound spaghetti noodles
1 tablespoon minced onion
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 15 ounce jar Alfredo sauce
1 24 ounce jar spaghetti sauce
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

Cook spaghetti noodles according to package directions. Don't let pasta get overcooked as it will be going into the oven later.
While pasta is cooking, brown meat and stir in minced onion, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, black pepper and spaghetti sauce.
When pasta is cooked, drain and stir in Alfredo sauce.
Place pasta into 9x13 pan. (I put half in one 8x8 pan and half in another to freeze)
Layer meat sauce over top.
Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over all.
You may now either top with foil and freeze or place in 350 degree oven  for 25 minutes or until mozzarella cheese is melted and bubbly.

16 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Yum! And TWO kinds of sauce!!

acorn hollow said...

I laughed when I saw this I just made spaghetti pie and froze half of it for another day.
Cathy

Deb J. in Utah said...

This sounds so good! I love the idea of using both white and red sauce. I will give this one a try for sure. At our house, we LOVE Mari's recipes! See you again soon!

roentare said...

Looks very yummy!

Debby said...

I'm going to make this Friday for dinner. It really triggered my taste buds.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

My kind of recipe too! Already copied. Thanks for sharing 😋

Barbara said...

I absolutely love dishes like this!!!

happyone said...

I have a similar recipe and we love it too. Quick and easy.

Terri D said...

Well, Joe was an Italian purest and would not have liked this but my church group will love it - and me too!! Thanks Mari!! Saving this one!

Jenny the Pirate said...

Sounds heavenly. When do we eat? Haaahaha xoxo

Prims By The Water said...

We had baked spinach and cheese ravioli tonight. I love spaghetti! Janice

Catherine said...

Must be good and I did not know it could be frozen.

My Tata's Cottage said...

Oh my goodness! Y U M M Y !
Thank you

Henny Penny said...

Oh wow! Now, I'm trying this one!

Kim said...

Two kinds of sauce? Interesting, I've never tried that. I might have to now!

Jeanette said...

I make something similar to this a lot! Have you ever tried using frozen ravioli instead of noodles? Adds a little extra and soo good!