Pages

Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Cooking Thursday

 I made something fun for breakfast last weekend.  It turned out so pretty and it was so good!  It would be perfect to make for a brunch.  It was much easier to make than it looks.  It was so easy, that I made it again and took it to work.  Everyone loved it and wanted the recipe. You have to try this one!






Raspberry Danish

17.3 ounce package Puff Pastry (includes 2 sheets)
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 pint fresh raspberries, you won't need the whole pint
1 egg yolk
1 tablespoon water
ICING
1 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 tablespoon milk

Remove Puff pastry from freezer and let it thaw on counter for about 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla together.




Unfold puff pastry.  It will open into 3 sections. Use a knife to cut about 12 slits on each side.
Spread 1/2 of cream cheese mix on the center of each piece of pastry.
Sprinkle the raspberries evenly over the cream cheese mix.
Fold the strips over the center, alternating sides to give a braided appearance.
Whisk the egg yolk and water together and brush over top of each Danish.
Bake 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
Combine icing ingredients and drizzle over warm pastry.
Slice and enjoy!

*You could use other fruits if you wanted. I think strawberry, blueberry, cherry, even peach would be good!


22 comments:

Kim said...

Oh no! I've been trying to eat healthy and cut out sugar, but raspberry danish is my weakness! I've never made it, but wow, I will now. Yum!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Yum! Looks fancy, and is so easy!!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Oh my. That really looks delicious!

Catherine said...

I will try i have all the ingredients.

acorn hollow said...

Sounds delicious and great brunch addition
Cathy

Sandi said...

This looks so good.

Judy said...

That looks so yummy! I think I'll bring this to my quilting retreat, sounds easy to make.

Jeanette said...

That looks delicious!

happyone said...

Delicious!!!

R's Rue said...

Yum.

Jenny the Pirate said...

If I made that I would do it secretly and eat the whole thing, then chase it with a package of cinnamon rolls from the grocery. So I won't be making it, haahahahahaaaaa xoxo

Jenny the Pirate said...

But I did copy the recipe, just in case. xoxo

Terri D said...

Another keeper!! Looks and sounds delicious!! Thanks, Mari!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

This looks fabulous! Going to copy it right now! thanks for sharing ;)

Barbara said...

Just about ANYTHING made with refrigerated puff pastry is a winner in my book! Add in the cream cheese and all the rest -- wow. Looks wonderful!

Prims By The Water said...

YUM YUM YUM. I can taste this tasty treat right through the computer. Janice

Billie Jo said...

Thank you!!!!!!! I love these and have never even tried making one!!! Looks delicious! I appreciate the photos, too!

Donna said...

Yeah, Jenny WILL be making it for a family occasion, you watch! lolol
As I Will! lolol...gads, it looks wonderful!
hugs
Donna

Suemn said...

Ooh! I have visitors coming over Labor Day weekend. I'll for sure make this for their stay at my home. Thanks for the recipe. I'm excited to try it.

Debby said...

Man, that looks good.

Mandy said...

Ohhhhh, I am going to be in so much trouble when I make this!!! 😁 This is so beautiful and sounds so delicious! Another keeper recipe from you!

Suemn said...

Mari, I tried your danish recipe with the raspberries and it was really good and I used the 2nd sheet of puff pastry to make the danish with lemon pie filling because I love lemon. Oh my, absolutely delicious and I'll make the lemon danish again and again. I had to share the recipe with my sister who made a canned apple and canned cherry danish using your recipe. Her family loved them. Thank you so much for the recipe!