Pages

Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Cooking Thursday

 Here's a recipe for a bundt cake I made recently.  I saw this recipe and was intrigued because it called for both a cake mix and a brownie mix, which makes a dense, fudgy cake.  It also has a chocolate, ganache topping - so good!  It's incredibly easy to make, you don't even need a mixer!


I don't make cakes like this very often and don't have a cake stand, so I put it on the lid of a large tupperware bowl, then invert the bowl as a cover.  :)



Chocolate Brownie Bundt Cake

Cake
1 box chocolate cake mix
1 box fudge brownie mix
4 large eggs, room temperature
1 1/4 cup water at room temperature
1 cup vegetable oil

Ganache
1 cup heavy whipping cream
12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 12-cup Bundt Pan with nonstick cooking spray or use the butter/flour method.
In a large bowl, add cake mix, brownie mix, eggs, water, and oil. Whisk for 2 minutes, or until lumps are mostly gone.
Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan and bake for 50-55 minutes, checking for doneness at 45 minutes. The cake is done when an inserted toothpick comes out with a few crumbs, but no wet batter.
When done baking, remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool in the pan for up to five minutes. Then, carefully turn the cake out onto a cooling rack and cool for about 30 more minutes.

In a microwave-safe bowl, add whipping cream. Heat for about 2 minutes, or until the cream is just boiling.
Carefully pour the chocolate morsels into the boiling cream; it may rise up and bubble, but this is okay.
Let sit for 5 minutes. Whisk the chocolate and cream until shiny and smooth, about 1 minute.
Pour over cooled cake and serve.

17 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Oh my gosh, it looks like a brownie cake, dense and moist and the ganache! My mouth is watering.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I printed it. I don't have a Bundt pan, but that shouldn't matter.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Wow, this look absolutely delicious!

acorn hollow said...

Wow very interesting I do not make cakes much either but will keep this for my next family gathering.
cathy

Prims By The Water said...

Anything chocolate is right by me. YAY Janice PS maybe you can do a post of pics from your friends home. I have a lot of prim followers who would enjoy it. I would send them to your blog. Janice

Suemn said...

Oh my gosh, that cake looks so good!

Terri D said...

Oh my goodness, does this sound and look delicious! Thanks for sharing! Another keeper from Mari!! :)

Jan said...

Wow! I would love a piece of that right now!

Jeanette said...

Chocolate on chocolate! Looks sinfully delicious!

Judy said...

That looks so yummy! I'm going to have to pull out my bundt pan.

happyone said...

Oh my that looks decadent and I've copied the recipe!! :)

Lux G. said...

OMG, that's so decadent. Thanks for the recipe!

Kim said...

Oh my goodness, making this for sure!!

Catherine said...

Looks good and rich! I love chocolate
I recognise the Tupperware bowl, I have got the same. Very useful to keep and carry cakes!

Katelyn R. said...

This looks super yummy!! I'm saving this recipe for sure :)

Jenny the Pirate said...

Good heavens that is so decadent! You need a cake stand *wink wink* xoxo

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Sorry been a busy bee and gone for several days and now playing catch up. I LOVE the looks of this - simple but absolutely scrumptious! I'm definitely copying the recipe. Thanks Mari!