Pages

Monday, July 10, 2023

Lavender Life Farm

 Last week I told you in my Day in my Life post that I did something fun with my sister Cheri. (Terri was working and couldn't go). Today I'll share that with you.
Cheri had seen something about a Lavender Farm that was about 45 minutes from our town. You can see more about it here. People can come and pick it and also see the other items they sell.  Last Saturday was the last day to pick the lavender, so we drove to the farm. As I shared in my previous post, it was a drive out in the country, the drive itself was so enjoyable!


This is our first view of the farm, as we turned into the long driveway.




The barn was beautiful, inside and out. On one side they had displays of many things they sell - lavender honey, lavender chocolates, wreaths, spa items and stuffed animals which you'll see more on later.




The other side of the barn had food items you could eat there - cookies, scones, cheesecake...
We had a piece of lavender cheesecake while we were there.  It was very good!




Then we went outside to pick our own lavender. Simply gorgeous hills of color were waiting for us, and the smell was amazing!




This waterfall and stream ran alongside the lavender.  Frogs were croaking, but we couldn't find them.




Another view of the barn.




This is a picture that's in the barn.  This is the owners grandson, with one of the stuffed animals they sell.  This little boy is named Xander and he was adopted after being fostered by their son and DIL.  The stuffed animals are filled with lavender scented cherry stones. They can be put in the microwave to warm them or even go in the freezer to cool them down. The lavender scent is very calming.  When the owners saw how their grandson loved his, they started a program to give one away with each one purchased.  So far, they've given over 76,000 away to kids in foster care.



I bought this dog, to keep in the kids room at our house.





Here's some of the lavender we picked.  It's all tied up and ready to dry at our homes.


It was such a fun and relaxing day.  If you ever have the chance to visit a lavender farm, you need to do it!

19 comments:

Mandy said...

Oh wow, what a beautiful place! Lavender cheesecake sounds so good! What a sweet idea about the lavender-infused stuffed animals. That makes my heart smile! The pictures are beautiful, especially the waterfall!

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a cool place. Just the building itself is so awesome! And you bought the perfect thing for the girl's room! Strangely enough, we have a lavender farm just about as far away as yours is! My favorite pic is your beautiful photo of the building and reflection in the water, with the lavender beds.

roentare said...

The Lavendar farm is such a great place to visit

Lux G. said...

What I'd give to live in a barn this lovely with these gorgeous surroundings. You're so blessed to get to see that!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Mari. That sounds like such a cool place. What a fun outing!

Changes in the wind said...

What a special beautiful place and love that they give the stuffed animals to foster children.

Suemn said...

The barn is beautiful. What a nice place to visit.

Sparky said...

What a gorgeous place! I can see we're gonna have to visit Michigan some Summer. Wow. That's nice. Thanks for sharing. Now I want one of those stuffed animals. I'll have to see if Amazon or someone sells those.
Love to you all from the sweltering South. *giggle*

Billie Jo said...

What a beautiful place to visit! And I love the owner donating calming stuffed animals. What a blessing to so many!

Jeanette said...

That looks like a really neat place to go! What a wonderful thing they are doing with the stuffed animals. We have a lavender farm not too far from us but I've never been.

acorn hollow said...

What a beautiful place!my grand has a rabbit filled with lavender she can microwave or put in the freezer. I have a few lavender plants so I pick a bit every year.
Cathy

happyone said...

A beautiful lavender farm. I enjoy visiting the one here by us. It's only about a 10 minute drive away.

Prims By The Water said...

Here on the East side we have a lavender festival. All things lavender being sold, but not cheesecake and that does sound wonderful! How awesome to make those animals for the children. A great cause. Beautiful pics of those lavender fields too! Janice

Terri D said...

Oh, I am so jealous!! What a wonderful way to spend a day, and lavender smells so good and is so relaxing!! I love the stuffed animals!! What a great idea and bless them for adopting!! Thanks for sharing, Mari!! Your Terri probably wishes she had taken the day off!! Hugs!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Oh my word!! You know have no idea how much I loved this Mari! Thank you for letting me know this place existed and putting it on my bucket list. I LOVE lavender and this place looks like a dream. ;) The stuffed animals!! What a sweet and brilliant idea. 💜

Kim said...

There's a lavender farm here on the island, though I've never been. I'm not sure if I could handle it with my allergies, but it looks pretty. I love the fact that they give away an animal with each one purchased. That sounds like 76,000 smiles to me...

Jean said...

Wow, I would have enjoyed that day with you girls! The lavender is stunning!!

Jenny the Pirate said...

This looks like a lavender-scented paradise! I would have bought that dog too. xoxo

Beth Cotell said...

What a beautiful place! And that barn!!!!!