Pages

Sunday, July 16, 2023

VBS!

 Last week our church had VBS. The theme this year 'Dare to be a Daniel'.  It's about living with courage in uncertain times.
We had over 140 kids and more than half were kids from the neighborhood.
The leaders always schedule a nurse to be one of the volunteers, and this year I was the nurse on Tuesday, which is my day off from work.
We had two 5 years olds who both carry an epipen because of severe food allergies, so they ate their snacks by me to avoid any chance of contact with an allergen.  They were both cute and talkative!  Other than watching for any issues with allergies, my day consisted of a few scrapes, hugs and some band-aids placed.  :)  It was fun spending time with these kids.
Here's a few pictures of what things looked like.


All the volunteers, in a circle discussing the days plan and praying before the kids got there.



Entrance to the tent room. The kids loved walking across this "bridge" making sure they didn't fall in the water!




Lots of kids, lots of leaders!



Some games in the gym.





I love this picture, because it's some of the leaders who are high school kids from our church, It's so cool to see them volunteering to help with this.  When I was younger, the girls would help, but you wouldn't ever see high school boys doing this.




One last shot of the kids, sitting still and listening!
It was a great week!

14 comments:

Mandy said...

That looks so fun! I love the tie-dyed shirts! Our church will be having our VBS the last week of July. That’s so awesome that y’all keep nurses on staff for VBS. I’m sure that really helps to ease the parents’ minds.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Mari. This looks like a wonderful event for the children and volunteers who made it happen. It is so great to see young people who love and want to serve God and follow Jesus! Have a great week! See you again soon!

Ginny Hartzler said...

I bet the kids loved the volunteer's colorful shirts. This is a great theme, and setup. The bridge and water are creative, but my favorite is the palm tree! What a cool way to make one!

Terra said...

That looks like heaps of fun and learning about Jesus and Daniel going on. VBS is so important and good to have neighborhood kids attending.

Prims By The Water said...

Those dyed t shirts remind me of my younger years. LOL So glad all went well even for the children with allergens. Janice

Donna said...

What a sweet way to spend your day off from work!
I'm So happy to see the room full of children!
Happy week sweet lady!
hugs
Donna

Jenny the Pirate said...

Y'all have a beautiful facility and it's wonderful to see so many kids and volunteers. I hope on the day I go to VBS, I can sit by you even though I have no allergies, haahaaa. The snacking part sounds fun. xoxo

R's Rue said...

Looks good

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Love this on so many levels Mari! The faith-filled kiddos having fun in their adorable bright colored shirts, while helping pass on modern day faith to eager youngsters through a day of activities. Pure joy to it all! ;) xoxo

Catherine said...

It seemed a great time for kids. We don’t have church events like this here but it would be nice.

Terri D said...

Wow!! Great attendance and awesome volunteers!! It really is nice that high school boys also volunteered!! Thanks for sharing your church's VBS with us! xo

happyone said...

It sure does my heart good to see so many kids learning about God and wonderful how the teens volunteer.
Nice activity center your church has.
We have a brand new one and it has come in handy so many times.
We had 115 kids at our Bible Time.

Susan said...

Hi Mari, I enjoyed this post. I have fond memories of VBS as a child. Also with my kids and grands. I love the colorful shirts too! Thanks for sharing!

Kim said...

What a great turnout and how kind of you to volunteer on your day off.