Pages

Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Cooking Thursday

 Last week I made a recipe that was new to me, beef stew using leftover roast beef.  I have a few things I make with leftover roast, as there are only 2 of us in the house.  This turned out good and will be added to my rotation.  Bonus - it's a crockpot recipe!



Leftover Crockpot Roast Beef Stew

3 cups, roast beef, cubed
2 cups cooked red potatoes, quartered
1 cup cooked baby carrots
1 diced onion
2 ribs celery, cut into chunks
2 cups leftover gravy or you can buy one jar
1 tablespoon minced garlic
14.5 ounce can stewed or diced tomatoes
1 cup green beans, ends removed
1 cup beef broth or au jus
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
3 bay leaves
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 cup water

Place all ingredients except water and corn starch in 6 quart crockpot, placing bay leaves on top.
Cook on low for 4-5 hours, then remove bay leaves.
Mix cornstarch and water together. Remove as much of the broth from crockpot as possible, place in small saucepan and bring to boil.
Whisk in the cornstarch mix until broth thickens.  Return mix to stew and serve.

12 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Looks wonderful! And I can adapt it to a regular stovetop as well. I make stew with leftover roast beef, but not this recipe.

Donna said...

Well darn! Just finished up the roast beef! Will have to remember this!!
hugs
Donna

Sandi said...

😳 that.looks.so.good.

Suemn said...

This will be really good on a cold winter's night:)

R's Rue said...

Yum.

Catherine said...

Must be very good, and as it is cold here this is a good recipe!

Kim said...

Mmmm...we don't eat roast beef often because of the leftovers. This is a great way to use them. Thanks!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

i LOVE pot roast!! This is right up my alley. I am always trying to think of clever ways to use up leftovers and this is perfect! ;)

Prims By The Water said...

Looks good and am gong to try this with the leftover pork rost I just made. TF Janice

Terri D said...

Such good comfort food!! Nice way to use those leftovers! Thanks, Mari!

acorn hollow said...

I have done that before with leftovers. Such a great way to use things up.
Cathy

Jenny the Pirate said...

Wow I'm saving this one for when it starts to get chilly outside! xoxo