Pages

Sunday, July 9, 2023

Celebrating the 4th

 We had a nice day on the 4th.  We didn't have plans until the evening, so Bob and Andrew decided to go to my Dad's house to move a few more items.  While they were gone, Heather and Cassie hung out here with me.
I've been trying to get a new picture of Cassie for my photo grouping of the family, but it's hard because she just never stands or sits still.  She was dressed so cute for the 4th, we decided to go outside and see what we could get.  We gave her a little flag to hold onto, and I got some really cute pictures.





















And I got this one for my photo wall.



We had lunch together and they went back home, and Bob went with them for a short while to unload a storage cabinet for their garage.


We went to my sister Cheri and Mark's home for supper.  Mark had smoked a yummy pork roast.  My brother Duane and other sister Terri were also there.  Terri's husband Dave was working, so we missed him.  After supper, the guys were chatting.




And us girls were playing a card game that was new to us.  The game is called Mantis, and was easy and fun.
Before it got too late, we all headed home.  We didn't even watch fireworks!  But we had a fun day!

20 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I will have to look up the Mantis Game! I need some things to do with the grands. Cassie's photos are wonderful! My favorite is the one you chose (the last one). It could not be sweeter.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Sounds like a really nice July 4th. I will look for the Mantis Game. Sounds like one my grandkids would like. I love the photos you took of Cassie. She is darling and her grandma is a good photographer! Have a great week. See you again soon!

Jan said...

Those are wonderful pictures-Cassie is so precious!

roentare said...

Never heard of the game called mantis but I do love photographing one.

Catherine said...

Cassie is SO cute!

Veronica Lee said...

Sounds like a wonderful July 4th.
Love the photos.
Cassie is a darling.

Hugs and blessings, Mari

Jeanette said...

Such cute photos of Cassie! I'm glad you were able to get a good one for your wall, but of course, any one of them would do! I love the one where she's looking down at the flag.

Kim said...

Great pictures, and she looked like she was having fun with that flag. I bet she'll be posing for your camera frequently in the near future!

Changes in the wind said...

You did indeed get some great pictures but then you had a ever so cute model.

R's Rue said...

Fun

Billie Jo said...

Oh! What beautiful pictures of that precious little one! Your day sounds perfect. Family, food, and fun! Have a cozy evening!

Jenny the Pirate said...

Sounds like a marvelous day and wow tell Cheri I love her built-ins! Also that Cassie ... mercy I love that child. That little dress is everything xoxo

Henny Penny said...

You really did get some good pictures of sweet little Cassie. She is adorable! Gosh, I miss a few posts and she grows so much. You have such a nice family!

Debi said...

Cassie is growing so fast! You got some really cute photos of her. I've not heard of that card game either. We didn't watch fireworks either. I like to watch them but I hate the traffic afterwards so we usually skip them. Have a great week!

Prims By The Water said...

Never heard of Mantis. Will need to check it out. What a little cutie and so glad you were able to et some pics of her! Janice

happyone said...

Adorable pictures of Cassie.
Will have to check out that card game for one of our games nights.

Terri D said...

Cassie is adorable - we are all in agreement! You got some great photos of her sweet self!! Looks like y'all had a nice day and any time with family is just the best!! xo

Mandy said...

Oh, she is a doll! I love her little outfit. You got some great pictures of her!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hello my Lovely! Have been out of town and playing catch up. Looks like it was a wonderful 4th! We love card games over here so I'll need to check that new one out. And those pics of Cassie - be still my heart. SO precious!! 😍

Jean said...

Those pictures of Cassie are so beautiful!!

The card game sounds fun. I haven't played a game with adults in ages!