Pages

Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Cooking Thursday

Here's a recipe for you, for the next time you are making goodies and can't decide between a brownie and a cookie.  These have a little of both!  They are really good.  These aren't something I'll make too often, because they take a little time, but they are a fun treat occasionally.



Brookies (Brownie/Cookies)

Cookie Dough:
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
10 tablespoons butter
1 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Brownie dough:
8 ounces chopped dark chocolate or chocolate chips
6 tablespoons butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup flour
2 tablespoons cocoa
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips
sea salt to finish

Cookie dough:
Whisk flour, baking powder and salt together.
Beat butter and brown sugar until just combined.
Beat in eggs, then vanilla, then flour mixture until just combined.
Stir in chocolate chips.

Transfer dough to a piece of plastic wrap.  Shape into a rectangle (allows it to cool quicker). Wrap up and place in refrigerator for at least one hour.

Brownie dough:
Melt chocolate and butter together, until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.  Whisk in the brown sugar, followed by eggs and vanilla.
Use spatula to fold in flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt and chocolate chips to form a very soft dough.
Transfer to plastic wrap and form into rectangle. Wrap up and place in refrigerator for at least one hour.

Once both doughs have chilled, scoop 1 tablespoon of each dough and roll them gently together into a ball.
Place on parchment paper, cover with plastic wrap and place back in the refrigerator for 30 minutes while you heat the oven to 350 degrees.
Before baking, sprinkle lightly with sea salt.
Bake for 10-12 minutes, let cool on cookie sheet for 3 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
Store in airtight container.

13 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

They look totally divine!!!

Terri D said...

They look delicious, but I am sure it takes more time than I would put into it unless it's for a special occasion. Christmas baking, perhaps!! Thanks, Mari. Keeping it.

Suemn said...

Those cookies look scrumptious.

Billie Jo said...

Thank you! I have heard of these but never knew how to begin making them! I will pass this on to Peyton!

Jenny the Pirate said...

Oh my word this is a project but it looks like so much fun and possibly TOO good! Thanks, Mari! I have copied this one for sure ... xoxo

Catherine said...

Must be so good!

Kim said...

These look amazing! I've seen brownie/ cookie bars, but never combined in a cookie. I need to share this with my daughter asap! She's the resident baker in our home and I'll be putting in a request.

Michelle said...

These look excellent!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

I will shamelessly admit that at times when we get Dominos (it's one of my daughter's favorite fast food pizza) we get their marbled cookie brownies like this. They're actually so good! 😋 And I'm not the biggest dominos fan but if you ever get it - get the thin crust spinach and feta pizza and thank me later. Not one I'd ever have picked but when I was doing weight watchers if I got that one thin crust it wasn't bad for points. And now I LOVE it! Got Matt hooked on it too. ;)

Prims By The Water said...

The best of both. YUM!!! Janice

acorn hollow said...

A good recipe for the holiday baking.
Cathy

Veronica Lee said...

Those cookies look divine! Yummm!

Hugs and blessings, Mari

R's Rue said...

Yum