Pages

Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Cooking Thursday

Todays recipe has many things going for it!  It's a freezer meal, cooks in the crock pot, is very easy to throw together and it's so good!  I like to buy a roast when it's on sale for this.  It's flexible; if there are only two of you at home you can do like I do and cut the roast in half and freeze it in 2 bags to make 2 meals.  Or you can throw it right in the crock pot and skip the freezer meal part!  You'll like it however you make it.


French Dip Sandwiches
1 - 3 pound beef chuck roast
2 cups water
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 teaspoon rosemary
1 teaspoon garlic powder
3-4 whole peppercorns
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 bay leaf
slices of swiss or colby jack cheese
sub sandwich buns
Mix water, soy sauce, rosemary, garlic powder, peppercorns, thyme and bay leaf in large freezer bag.  Place roast into bag and freeze.  When ready to use, remove from freezer and thaw in fridge for 24 hours.  Place in crock pot and cook on low for at least 12 hours, until meat is very tender.  Shred meat with 2 forks.  Place on sub bun with a slice of cheese.  Pour broth into individual small cups and serve with sandwich for dipping.

16 comments:

Linda said...

Oh how I love a good French Dip sandwiche, looks to be a easy recipe, thanks Mari. Hope you have a lovely day, friend.

Arlene G said...

That is an interesting recipe. I had to read it twice to see if I was correct about freezing with the marinade. I will be trying this one. Sounds so yummy.

Karen said...

It's been a long time since I've had French dip. That's what I love about recipe posts, it jogs the old memory for 'new' ideas.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Looks so good and something we would really enjoy. Thanks for sharing the recipe. You know I love anything crock-pot easy.

Patsy said...

The Bennie would love this!

Deb J. in Utah said...

This looks really good.My son would love it.Another winning recipe!

Bethany Carson said...

This looks like a nice, easy meal to make! I eat subs several times a week!

Mary said...

This looks great & so versatile too. You could change spices to make it an Italian dip too. I'm going to try that tomorrow night and serve them on ciabetta rolls w/provolone cheese. Thanks Mari!

Jenny said...

Wow. That looks good. xoxo

Terri D said...

Looks SO good!!

Jean said...

Gotta try this! Thanks!

Sandi said...

That looks so good!

Dianna said...

Oh...sounds so very yummy! We will have to try it!

Cherdecor said...

copy and paste.....done
I wish I had seen this earlier. Alan loves these kind of sandwiches.

Sally said...

Oh mercy - how good that looks! :)

xoxo

Laura said...

Yum, I really need to make this!