Pages

Monday, August 21, 2017

Grandma and Alaina's Day out

Last year I started something with Alaina after hearing this idea from my sister.  We did it again last week and I think now that we've done it for two years it's a tradition!
I took Alaina out for lunch and to buy a pair of shoes for school.  She will be in kindergarten this year.

 Here we are, ready to go out!



Ruby giving Alaina a hug before we left. Laura said Alaina had reminded Ruby several times that it was just going to be her and Grandma.  When I got there, Ruby did ask if she could come too, but she was ok when we left.  I told her I would take her by herself another day.


I told Alaina we could go wherever she wanted to go for lunch, and I was sure she would ask for McDonalds, but she surprised me and said she wanted to eat at the food court at the mall.

 She decided that Taco Bell was the place of choice, and we found a table right by the carousel.



She enjoyed her taco and chips!





Then, of course it was time to ride the carousel.  I was surprised that she didn't want to be on a horse, but she was happy to sit on the bench and wave and smile every time she came around.


Then it was time to look for shoes!
 We had a hard time.  She's at an in between stage and a lot of the shoes were Barbie, or something like that, but then we found these black shoes, with the pink laces which she loved.  We also found some short brown boots which will be nice when it starts getting colder.



 She thought the glass sided elevator was fun,




 And she always loves the escalator.




 We goofed around a little bit, trying on sunglasses, and she had fun acting "cool" in them.



We also found a fun pigeon activity book for her to work on later.




 She said she was tired and hungry after this, so we stopped at Kilwins in the mall for a little mint chocolate chip ice cream.



The end of a successful shopping trip!  We both had fun!

23 comments:

Sally said...

Such a beautiful precious little granddaughter.

I can tell by her face how happy she was to be with you shopping! :)

Joyful said...

It sounds like a wonderful out and a fabulous new tradition. She looks like a little character and fun to be with.

Linda said...

Love, love this post, Mari...thank you for sharing. Have a beautiful day, friend.

Changes in the wind said...

Oh those are precious times Grandma.

Terri D said...

What a great thing to do each year and what wonderful memories you are making with her!! Looks like a very fun day! Both of those girls are so adorable.

Connie said...

What a fun time...

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

It is a super great tradition to carry on and they will always remember it. I did the same thing with my grandchildren and they still tease me about it at times...She looks so much like you!

Hootin Anni said...

Love the tradition you two began! And what a fun time....good food [Love Taco Bell], and that one of her on the escalator is my favorite...the sisterly hug before you two left is a favorite too.

By the way, I now have a bird photo album of over 200 photos of birds in South Texas...your doctor co-worker may be interested in viewing the preview.

Link to my new book at Amazon is on my blog.

Happy Tuesday.

Jennifer Hays said...

I love this! What a wonderful thing to do with Alaina. I think she will always remember the day she got shoes for kindergarten with her grandma! I know what you mean about the shoe selections for her age/size. My daughter is almost nine but she's very small for her age and is barely out of toddler sizes in shoes, so we still have that problem sometimes!

cbattjes1 said...

I love that you're keeping this a tradition! Her little freckles- so cute! I'm not surprised she chose the food court- she's turning into a teenager right before my eyes!!

Michelle said...

What a special thing to do with Alaina! Love this!

Sandi said...

:)

Grandmas rule the world!

Jean said...

What a fantastic tradition!! I did all those things (and more) with Destiny for many years, but haven't had opportunity with any of the others.

Henny Penny said...

That is so sweet. I sure miss having special days with my granddaughter when she was young. She is in college now.

Oh, and a late Happy Anniversary! I love the wedding pictures, and had not seen them before. You were a beautiful bride!! and what a handsome groom!!

Jenny said...

Precious times. She will never forget them. Those black sneaks with the pink laces are the bomb. xoxo

Saleslady371 said...

Alaina is a beautiful little girl. Great tradition to make a granddaughter feel special and pretty.

Amy at love made my home said...

How wonderful!! What a lovely thing to do and I am sure that you will enjoy more days like this!

Arlene G said...

What a fun day and memories that will always be with her as she grows up!!

Cherdecor said...

I remember your shopping trip with Alaina last year and the brown shoes that she got. She has gotten bigger this year and wiser. I would have chosen to eat beside the carousel also! And she proved that she is all grown up now and doesn't have to sit on a horse but in a grown-up seat! How cute! Alaina, have a wonderful year at school!

Judy said...

What a wonderful tradition to start. I looks like you both had a fun day.

Laura said...

She had so much fun as always and the shoes are adorable - they will be well used this year. I especially love that she gets to spend time with you!

Anonymous said...

Alaina is getting so tall. I loved seeing the photos of your special time together. I once enjoyed treating my nieces/nephews when they were young - they all live far away now and have kids of their own. I wish each of you a very nice weekend.

LL Cool Joe said...

What a great new tradition. I bet taking Ruby out will be a little more exhausting! So was Mom pleased with the things you bought?