Pages

Sunday, August 13, 2017

Community Open House

It's done!  Our long time addition/renovation at work is finally done.  We started with a large addition for rehab patients, then our long term care residents hall was renovated.  The last section to be done was the hall with offices, and a new rehab gym. This all started in April of 2016, so it's has been a long project.  To celebrate we had a community open house on Saturday, to let anyone who wanted to see it come in and tour.  We had a pig roast, a DJ playing oldie music, a bounce house, a cotton candy machine, a popcorn machine, a duck pond, and lots of other food.  There was also 2 kids bikes given away. Lots of people came, people from the neighborhood, old employees and people who had been there before, along with some family members of people who had passed.  It was really nice to see so many people!


This is the flyer that was put up all over town.


The front yard was crowded with people enjoying the music and food.



The bounce house was a popular spot!



Our activity director made lots of cotton candy.


And the ice cream was pretty popular too.



Here is a little tour of the newest renovations:
Here's our new therapy gym - so much more room for exercising.



Here's another view - there is a kitchenette in the back so people can practice cook before they return home.  There is also a bathroom with a regular tub in it, so they can practice bathing and getting ready for the day.


We now have a conference room...


and we have a new beauty shop!  There are still some cabinets coming for this room.


I forgot to take a picture, but there is also a new chapel, something we are all happy to have.  It's nice to have a quiet place for people to go and get away when they need it.  They also have Bible studies and church services there.



This is my new room!  This office is the room I share with the Doctor and the physician assistant when they are there, and am on my own on other days here when I have paperwork days.  This is my desk...




And the other desk is the doctors.  Do you see the wooden sign on the big desk?  I got it a few weeks ago when I went to Shipshewana with my sister.  It says "He Restores my soul" Psalm 23:3.  I thought it was perfect for those hard days.



Here is our administrator announcing the winners of the bikes.  It had already been a very nice day, but guess who won one of the bikes?  It was Alaina!  I wasn't out there when it was announced as I was giving someone a tour, so I can't be accused of having anything to do with this.  :)  She is very excited about it!
We all said it was a fun day.  We had lots of visitors and family members thank us and say they enjoyed it too!

15 comments:

Joyful said...

Congratulations! The job is finally done and I'm sure everyone is loving the renovations. It is always trying living through it but wonderful when everything is nice, new and up to date. I bet your little granddaughter is very very excited, lol.

Arlene G said...

It is just lovely and I know the residents will appreciate all the new things. I would have been in line for cotton candy and ice cream as well.

Linda said...

Congratulations to Alaina, smiles. I love the renovations, Mari. smiles

Karen said...

Congratulations! Such a beautiful place and it must renew everyone's spirits to have all of those nice new rooms to explore and work in. And congrats to Alaina!

Sally said...

Everything looks beautiful, Mari. I love the print over your desk! So glad for the nice turnout, and Alaina? Wow, I know she was so happy to win the bike. How wonderful. :)

xoxo

Changes in the wind said...

Nothing like a celebration after a long hard trial and I do believe re-modeling is a trial. Nice that the community can come and share.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Everything looks so nice and I know all of you are happy it is completed. What a surprise about the bicycle and bet she was tickled pink.

Laura said...

It was so fun! The building is really beautiful, and more importantly, so much more functional for the staff and residents. And Alaina is BEYOND excited about her new bike!

Terri D said...

What a beautiful facility you have, Mari. Your office is spacious! I know the patients and families will feel at home there for as long as they need to stay. Looks like a fun open house and how exciting that Alaina won one of the bikes!! She must have been so excited!

Michelle said...

Nice to see this lovely facility get this reno completed. NICE! I also like the sign. Allendale is the tiny community name where our farm resides :)

cbattjes1 said...

That is so awesome that Alaina won the bike- how exciting!

Cherdecor said...

Congratulations to Alaina! She is a lucky ducky! Everything looks so nice and spacious.

Jenny said...

Just fabulous and beautiful, everything. I'm so happy for you. And good for Alaina! She will love riding her new bike into autumn. xoxo

Rebecca said...

I can imagine what a boost these new facilities are to staff and residents alike! VERY NICE!

Anonymous said...

hi Mari, Doing catch-up reading this afternoon. I know you and the residents are so very pleased with these new renovations. Everything looks so nice. I know it has been a difficult time, though. Congrats to Alaina on the bike!
I have been under the weather for several weeks and am still on blog break but I did want to say "hi." I also love your beautiful flowers in your yard in the newest post. We do not have any Rose of Sharon at this home and I especially enjoyed seeing yours. You and Bob have a lovely home/yard. Mildred