Pages

Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Cooking Thursday

We had our small group from church at our house last week.  We take turns going to each others homes and we always have supper together.  This time I served these chicken bundles. Our family has always enjoyed them and our small group did too!

Chicken Bundles

8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
5 tablespoons butter melted, reserve 1 tablespoon
4 cups cooked chicken, cubed
1/4 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon minced onion
2 -8 ounce cans Pillsbury crescent rolls
3/4 cups seasoned croutons, crushed
1 can cream of chicken soup, plus 1/4 cup milk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
Blend cream cheese and 4 tablespoons butter until smooth. Stir in chicken, milk, salt, pepper and onion and mix well. 
Separate rolls into 8 rectangles and firmly press perforations to seal. Spoon 1/2 cup of the chicken mix into center of each.  Pull 4 corners of dough to top center of filling, twist firmly together and pinch side seams to seal.  Place squares on ungreased cookie sheet.  Brush with remaining melted butter and sprinkle with crouton crumbs.
Bake 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
Heat soup and milk together and serve over hot chicken bundles.

14 comments:

Dianna said...

Oh, wow...these look and sound so good! Reading over the recipe they sound rather easy to make. We shall be giving it a try.

Arlene G said...

I used to make this a lot Mari...will have to add it back to the rotation.

Jean said...

I have never made anything like these! They sound so delicious. I think I can almost smell them baking!

Terri D said...

These sound so good! A crowd pleaser for sure! Thanks...I copied it to my Pinterest!

Joyful said...

So nice to get together with your church group and relax over a nice meal.

Amy at love made my home said...

So good to share a meal with friends!

Sandi said...

Mmm...this looks fabulous. I am starving, but it is 4:00 am and I don't want to wake everyone else up by making noise in the kitchen. Oh, well, I will just eat this photo!

Linda said...

Now, this looks good, thanks Mari. Have a great day all.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Sounds so good and easy and that is my kind of recipe. Thanks for sharing.

Heather said...

These area amazing! I haven't had them in ages. Definitely going to have to make them for Andrew. I think he would love them too.

Sally said...

Awesome! I'm going to save this recipe; wish I'd seen it before I went to the store. I've got ribs in the crock now though, the kids are coming over. :)

xoxo

Henny Penny said...

This looks like it would be tender and flaky and delicious!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

They sound scrumptious! Thanks for sharing Mari. :) xo

Cherdecor said...

I make something like these but I have copied your recipe too because I am addicted to your recipes. I know they are good.