Pages

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Cooking Thursday

Today I'm sharing a recipe I made for the first time last week.  It was one that popped up on Facebook, and when I saw cherries and cream cheese I knew Bob would like it.  It's very easy to make and I think you'll like it too!  If you want to change it up, you can use any flavor of fruit pie filling.



Crescent Cherry Cobbler

2 cans crescent rolls dough sheets
2 cans cherry pie filling
2 blocks (8 ounces each) cream cheese
2/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons sugar

Press one can of crescent roll dough into a 9x13 pan.
Mix together cream cheese and 2/3 cup sugar until smooth.  Spread over crescent dough.
Spread pie filling over cream cheese mixture.
Place remaining crescent dough between 2 sheets of wax paper, and use rolling pin to press to size to fit pan.  Place over pie filling.
Sprinkle 2 tablespoons sugar over crescent dough.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes until lightly browned.
Store in refrigerator.

12 comments:

Jennifer Hays said...

Yum! It reminds me of a dessert my mother-in-law makes with dough on the bottom, and then canned peaches and a cream cheese mixture on top. No top layer of dough, though. This looks good and easy. Thanks for sharing, Mari!

LL Cool Joe said...

Now that looks good, I'd have to have it with custard though. :D

Linda said...

Now, that looks good. smiles

Sandi said...

Yum.....!

Arlene G said...

Looks like a Keeper Mari!!

Judy said...

OH my that looks so good.

Sally said...

Looks good, Mari! :)

Cherdecor said...

You can never go wrong with cherries and cream cheese! and now crescent rolls. I think I just gained a pound by looking.

Dianna said...

Oh my goodness! That looks so yummy, Mari. And with the ease of preparation by using crescent roll dough why would we not like it!?! I may try that with some blueberry pie filling, too. Thank you for sharing!

Terri D said...

I know how good that must be! How can you go wrong with creme cheese and cherries? Yum.

Henny Penny said...

I've got to try this! I looks delicious!!

shayndel said...

Yum! Looks good!
I am envisioning it with figs though as I am allergic to cherries!!
Have a great day filled with the things you love!