Pages

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Cooking Thursday

I'm late in sharing this one!  I wonder how many of you had corned beef on St Patrick's Day?  We never do, but there are a few things I make with corned beef.  One is this recipe I'm sharing today.  We had it Sunday night, and I realized then, that I should have made it earlier and shared it, so it would be on time for St Patrick's.  Oh well - you can have it anytime!
Anyway, we usually have something kind of light on Sunday nights and it's usually something I can make ahead of time.  These buns fit the bill.  It's an old recipe that my mom used to make.  It has only 5 ingredients including the buns and it's easy and good!



Corned Beef Buns
1 can corned beef
1 tablespoon minced onion
1/2 cup sour cream
8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
8 hamburger buns
Stir together the corned beef, minced onion and sour cream, then add cheese.  Divide among the 8 buns.  Wrap in foil and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
These can be prepared the day ahead and refrigerated until you are ready to use them, then bake as directed.

11 comments:

Dianna said...

These sound delicious, Mari. We love corned beef...oh my, then to have them wrapped in foil and baked! I can hardly wait to try them. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe.

Saleslady371 said...

My husband loves corned beef. I like the fact that you can make these ahead of time! Thanks for sharing your family's recipe. You should write a cook book; it would sell.

Anonymous said...

Sounds delicious and I like something quick.

Cherdecor said...

I will have to try this! I have done other sandwiches this way and they are always good.

Hootin Anni said...

Oh anything easy and quick and can be reheated after making them ahead of time is a BIG PLUS!! And the recipe sounds so yummy!!!

Oh, and Mari, your wordless wednesday photo looks mighty chilly! Brrrr. But what a beautiful morning. [or is is dusk?]

Sally said...

I've never had corned beef although this recipe
sounds really good. :)

xoxo

Heather said...

We don't eat corned beef much, but when we do it is usually corned beef hash with some eggs. Andrew loves it, and, I have to admit that it tastes much better than it looks!

Arlene G said...

I am not a corned beef fan but Marvin is...he would love these.

Karen said...

We love corned beef and every St. Patty's day say the same thing: Why do we only have this once a year?! Great recipe.

Rosie said...

Yummy! Those look so delicious and I could definitely go for one about right now. I hope you have a wonderful and blessed week!

Terri said...

just made these a few weeks ago. they were always my favorite