Pages

Thursday, March 2, 2017

A day in my life

Happy March!  I'm always happy to see March come, because it means winter is winding down.  I can't complain about this winter, because it's been warmer than usual with much less snow, but I'm still happy to see it go away!
The first day of the month was pretty typical for me.  Here's how it went:

It was a work day for me, so I was up at 5am.  I walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes, took a shower and got ready for work.


6:10am -  I had some oatmeal for breakfast and watched the morning news.  We had crazy thunderstorms the night before, and the weatherman was predicting a little rain in the morning changing over to snow and sleet along with high winds!



6:50 am - I pulled into the parking lot at work.



6:55am - All is quiet when I walk to the nurses station.  There were a few residents awake and sitting in the Bistro, but it's mostly dark and quiet.  The area you see lit up is the nurses station.
It was a busy day and I got out of work late.  I left around 4pm, although I thought I was going to have to stay until 7pm, so 4 seemed pretty good!


When I left work at 4, the rain had turned to snow and it was coming down hard!




I stopped and got a manicure.  While there I started talking to the lady next to me and found out she was our substitute mail carrier.  We had a nice visit!



 I left the nail salon at about 4:45. It was snowing and blowing so hard that it was difficult to see in some spots!



 We had an easy supper - pizzaburgers.  I had the meat spread made so I just had to put it on the buns and broil them.



 After supper I made up some oatmeal, which is my usual breakfast in the winter.  Now all I have to do is pop it in the microwave in the morning.



Then I spent some time making a menu and a grocery list so I'll be ready to get groceries after work the next night.



After everything was cleaned up, I did a little Bible study, relaxed with my computer and also watched the latest episode of Fixer Upper.  It's one of my favorites and I always record it because it plays on Tuesday night when I'm at Bible study.

Bob was at a meeting and when he came home he said it was nasty outside, still snowing and the roads were getting bad.  We'll see how they are in the morning!

11pm - I need to get to bed so I can go to work tomorrow. Thanks for sharing my day!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy March, Mari. I was hoping that your long work days were coming to an end....have you hired additional help yet? Your oatmeal looks and sounds good; smart of you to prepare it in advance for your busy and early mornings. We had thunderstorms last night and it was much cooler today. I hope you rest well.

Doris said...

I'm always happy for March to come also. Love reading about your first day of the month!

Jean said...

I also love to read about your first day of each month. I am always amazed at what you accomplish in a day. You work so hard all day and still get so much done in the evening. I'm also amazed that you can get up at 5, exercise for half an hour and still be at work before 7!! I take way too long to get presentable in the morning.

LL Cool Joe said...

So you are up at 5.00am and go to bed at 11.00pm. That's a long day! I hope the snow has now stopped and hasn't got worse. Your days always seem so busy!

Linda said...

I'm in bed by 8 pm and up by 4 m--first class is at 8 am...anyways...a long day for you and me...Always enjoy your posts, Mari. smiles

Arlene G said...

Your commitment and disclipline inspires me Mari. I am glad those hard working nurses hands got a manicure...looks beauritufl

Beth Cotell (A Mom's Life) said...

I always enjoy your day-in-the-life posts! I really need to do one of my own sometime!

Have a great weekend!

Sally said...

Your day in a life is something I always look forward to. You're such a busy girl, but so organized. I could take lessons from you! I hope you don't have to work on the weekend so you and Bob can enjoy Alaina and Ruby. :)

Laura said...

As always - you're a busy lady! I'm thinking this means March is coming in like a lion?

Jenny said...

You are so clever with that oatmeal prep and your nails look gorgeous. I met a sweet lady at the nail salon last week! We chatted for ages. It was fun. I still have a hard time wrapping my head around you getting up at five o'clock in the morning. Especially in the dark! In winter! Aaarrrgh! LOL xoxo

Dianna said...

I enjoyed going through your day with you, Mari. Your pizza burgers look really good....and I love it that you do the oatmeal the night before. When we have steel cut oats I always do them the night before too because they keep well in the fridge and the next morning I just need to pop them in the microwave. Glad that both you and your husband made it home safely with the weather turning bad that evening.

Cherdecor said...

Happy March to you! All my spring flowers are up about 4 inches and it snowed this morning. Typical March weather.

I love walking along with you on your first day of the month. I would love to record what I do on the first day of the month, but I never do because I never know what day it is. Hahahaha!

You always get a lot done!

Saleslady371 said...

I forgot what snow and winter evening look like! I use to hate to drive in it. Beautiful manicure. You get a lot accomplished in one day! Wishing you a pleasant weekend.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Another day in the books! You sure had a busy one with work, crazy weather, mani, Bible study...you sure must sleep well. ;)

I love Fixer Upper too! So good! I tape that one often too.

Blessings on your weekend dearest Mari! xoxo

Anonymous said...

I also love it when March comes around because of the beautiful cherry blossoms that begin to bloom in our area. Great manicure and the pizza burgers look amazing! Have a great weekend!

Karen said...

That last photo looks so cozy:)

Ceil said...

Hi Mari! Thanks for the little peek into your day. The parking lot at your work looked so empty! I bet it fills up during the day. I'm glad you didn't have to stay until 7, that would have been a crazy-long day. And so impressed with your treadmill work. Nice going!!
I like your manicure too. For some reason, having nice nails just perks me up. I bet it does you too.
God bless your bible study and quiet time with him. I know he loves that.
Happy Sunday!
Ceil

Hootin Anni said...

Busy day! Those pizza burgers look yummy. I eat a small bowl of oatmeal just about every day. I like it with blueberries lol.

That snow sounds awful...hope it let up

Anita Johnson said...

I like that it is March too. Amazed at your organization....I've never had a manicure, but love projects and oatmeal. And Fixer Upper 👍🏼