Pages

Monday, March 13, 2017

Birthday celebrations!

We did some celebrating this past weekend.  Bob's mom and my Dad are 5 days apart in age.  Bob's mom turned 86 on March 6 and my Dad turned 86 on March 11.
We are blessed by the fact that they are both in quite good health. Bob's mom and step-dad live in an independent living facility, my Dad and step-mom live in the house he built when I was 13.
Both of them were and still are wonderful parents.  We were talking about how blessed we are to have had parents who loved us and brought us up in faith filled homes.  As a child you think every home is the same, but as an adult you realize how very blessed you were!

We went out for supper on Friday evening with Bob's brother and wife, along with Mom and Rog.

 Here is Bob's mom with one of her gifts.



Bob, his Mom, his brother Tom.



Here we are in the restaurant.


This restaurant was built where my Dad and his brothers farm used to be.  They have pictures of the farm in the lobby.  Here you see the barn, some cows and a meeting of the Farm Bureau.  I found my Dad, uncle and Grandpa in that picture!



Here's my Dad and step-mom at their house after we went out.

We had a good time both evenings, with laughter and memories of years ago.
I don't think either of them look like they are 86!  I'm thankful to have had them in my life for another year.

17 comments:

Dianna said...

You are so blessed, Mari, to have both yours and Bob's parents still in such good health. And I have to agree with you...none of them look their age! What a blessing.

Arlene G said...

Happy Birthday..so glad they are still going strong!!

Anonymous said...

They do look great and how wonderful that they are doing so well. That is fun about the photos of the farm at the restaurant!

Hootin Anni said...

Wonderful!!! Celebrating with family is just the ticket to a happy time. And your photos are proof. I would like to see the photos in real time of the farm hanging on the restaurant wall and listen to the stories relatives could tell us.

Beth (A Mom's Life) said...

What a wonderful time! And I love that they have pictures of the farm hanging in the restaurant. That is so cool!

Betsy Brock said...

That's great....yes, you are very blessed!

Amy at love made my home said...

Happy Birthday to both of your wonderful parents!

Linda said...

Happy, Happy Birthdays!!! Wishes for many more...

My husband and I are 1 yr and 4 days apart...smiles

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

You both are blessed to have them with you and glad you got to celebrate their birthdays.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Wow. What amazing blessings to have all of your folks like that - and in such great shape!! You folks obviously come from "good stock". Lol They all look so amazing for their age!!

And how cool about the photos from the farm at the restaurant. That's awesome!

Thanks for sharing your beautiful family Mari. xoxo

Laura said...

I didn't know Grandpa was in those photos! So cool!

Glad you had a good time celebrating! :)

Terri D said...

Beautiful blessings indeed! They do look great! May God continue to bless them with good health and a year full of family, love and laughter! Thanks for sharing, Mari!

LL Cool Joe said...

They both look great for their age, and how blessed they are to still be in good health.

The second photo down is just a black square for me which is odd!

Michelle said...

You are blessed! Sending birthday wishes!

Sally said...

Yes, yes you and Bob are very blessed. Such lovely photo's, Mari. :)

xoxo

Cherdecor said...

You are so blessed! Happy birthday to the birthday girl.

Jean said...

Wonderful!!! Dick and I feel so very blessed also to come from such strong families. Both my parents are now gone, but I still have Grandma Mary. And we have Dick's dad and Grandma Arlene. They are all in the late 80's, early 90's. It's hard to think about the changes that may come in the years ahead.