Pages

Sunday, March 1, 2020

A weekend off!

As most of you know, I've been working a lot lately.  However, I have finally had a weekend off - almost.  I am ending up going in to work tonight, but it beats what my previous weekends have looked like.
On a good note - our first new nurse has made it through orientation and worked this weekend.  Everything seems to have gone well and we are so thankful for that.  Thanks to those of you who are praying for reliable nurses for us!  We have another interview tomorrow.
Since we haven't been able to have the girls over for a while, we had them Saturday afternoon and overnight.  They went to church with us today and we brought them home after lunch.  We had such a good time together.
Alaina told me - "I figured out why you are Grandpa and Grandma.  It's because you are grand and you are a Mom and Grandpa is grand and he is a Pa!"  Isn't that sweet?

Here's a few photos of the fan craft we did using socks.


 They each picked a short sock and put one cup of rice in it.



 Then we took small rubberbands and put one at the top, then one a third of the way down to make a head and a body and the one on the bottom to make a little tail.



 Then we cut off the top, and cut ear shapes.  We drew on eyes and a nose, then tied a ribbon around the neck.



 Here's Alaina's bunny.



And Ruby with her bunny!




 Next, they each picked a long sock and stuffed it with fiberfill stuffing.



 We tied the end with a rubberband, then put 4 more rubberbands to make 5 sections.
A pipecleaner was twisted around the first section and the ends curled to make antennae.  Eyes and a mouth were drawn on with a permanent marker.
We ended up with a spotted and a striped caterpillar!



 Ruby with her caterpiller.



And Alaina with hers!
We have such fun doing these activities.

26 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

Fun fun projects for the girls. And all turned out so cute!!

Hope you find more good nurses.

Terri D said...

What fun crafts!! The girls are growing up so fast but are still beyond adorable!! I'm glad you have a good new recruit and another interview this week. Good luck!! xoxox

Mandy said...

The girls are just adorable and those little crafty projects look so fun! I know they love spending time with you.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Yes, your granddaughter is exactly right about why you are grandma and grandpa! I love it. So cute!You do such fun things with your granddaughters. So fun. Good memories. You are a GRANDma! Glad you are getting some more nurses at work. Hope to see you in blogland more soon! Have a good week!

Mary said...

I’m so glad to read this, I enjoy reading your blog most especially moments like this. I haven’t been around much as I haven’t been too well. But when I saw the email about a new post I had to pop over and see what you had to say.

Joyful said...

The girls are so sweet and I'm sure you all had a wonderful time together. I'm glad the new nurse is working out and I pray the next interview/s will bear good fruit.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

It was nice to see you posting again and especially nice to see the girls. Glad your newest nurse is working out and praying you can find another one soon.

Linda said...

Ohhhhh that is so cool!!! Nice to see you post, Mari. smiles

Changes in the wind said...

Oh didn't the projects come out cute!! Glad you could have them over and hope you get more nurses soon:)

Arlene G said...

So glad you have some new nurses on board Mari. I pray it works out so you can get some rest. Loved seeing the bunnies and those young ladies are just getting TOO Big. I remember when Ruby was a baby....time does fly by.

Michelle said...

I do hope your work situation gets better. I am a bit spoiled with my teaching schedule so I don’t know how you do it. Nice seeing the girls and I adore the crafts.

Debi said...

Isn't it wonderful to spend time with the grands? I love your sock projects and your granddaughters are just adorable. Good luck with your nurse interviews, have a great week!

Dianna said...

Your and Bob are such great grandparents. I love the crafts you find for the girls to do. They always turn out so cute. And I also love Alaina's reasoning for why you and Bob are grandparents. :)

Glad to hear about the nursing situation improving some. Praying that the interview went well today so you can possibly have another nurse. So thankful for God's grace and how He carries us through our trials.

Jean said...

Love the crafts you do with your girlies!

So glad you have a new nurse and that you finally had a weekend off!

Laura said...

They love doing crafts with Grandma SOOO much!!

Annie said...

I'm so glad you got a little time off to enjoy your granddaughters! What a sweet little sock craft. So cute and so perfect for spring. I will be praying you are able to find some more reliable nurses quickly!

Love,
Annie

Kim said...

It's great that you finally got a bit of a break and what a wonderful way to spend it. The girls are their projects are just adorable. I want to make them now!!

Paula Alexandra Santos said...

They are so sweet!
And those sock animals are the cuttest! :D
Also praying so that God sends the right nurses to you!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hello Dearest!
God bless ya and your hard working nursie life. 🙏 i'm happy to hear you're finally getting some new recruits! Prayers that it continues to improve so you can have life a bit more normal again.
I so love these posts with you and your adorable girlies doing fun craftsy or cooking things. I truly hope I have grandkids one day (not too soon - Lol) and can do all the fun Grandma things like you do. 😉 ❤️ The bunnies and caterpillars turned out adorable!! 🐰 🐛
Blessings on the rest of your week Mari. xoxo

LL Cool Joe said...

I'm glad you have one new nurse, and I pray you get a few more!

What a sweet way to describe you both, and I'm not surprised because you do such lovely things with the girls.

The Liberty Belle said...

What fun projects for the girls! You did such a good job of helping them create memories to cherish for years to come. Glad the new nurse is working out.

Sally said...

Thinking of you during this crisis, Mari. I know you're still super busy, and just hope & pray you're getting a little rest.

I always love seeing the 'girl's; they're both so precious. Every time I see Ruby, I think about her hair when she was younger; always brought a smile to my face :)

Please take care.

xoxo

Friendship Quilters Guild said...

Those are such cute projects for the girls to do.
You are in my prayers Mari, I pray you and your coworkers are staying healthy. All the people who are helping to deal with this virus are in my prayers.
God Bless you!

Hootin Anni said...

I was sure glad to see you visit with me! You & your famiky have been in my thoughts.

Vintage Girl 901 said...

I have got to try this with my girls! So cute, but not as cute a those baby girls!

Jenny the Pirate said...

Those sock animals are darling! You know what I'm going to say: Dagny would enjoy that. As I type this, she is sick with a double ear infection and congestion, and on meds and doing well although she sleeps a lot. It's been a wild ride these last few weeks. Love you xxo