Pages

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Cooking Thursday

I made this pretty dessert this weekend.  It's quick and easy to put together, looks impressive and is yummy.  What more could you want?


Cherry White Chocolate Triffle

2 cans fruit pie filling; cherry, strawberry, blueberry... your choice
20 -25 sugar cookies, broken
1 batch white chocolate mousse (below)

White chocolate mouse:
2 cups heavy whipping cream
4 tablespoons sugar
8 ounces cream cheese - softened
6 ounces white chocolate, melted

To make mousse:
Beat cream n bowl until it thickens, add sugar, beat until stiff peaks form.
In another bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add in the white chocolate and beat until smooth.  Stir in the whipped cream mixture.
To assemble the trifle;
Place one can of pie filling in the bottom of a trifle bowl.  Sprinkle half of cookies over top,  then half of cream cheese mix.  Repeat layers.

14 comments:

Arlene G said...

So pretty and yummy too.

Anonymous said...

It is very pretty. John loves cherry pie filling!

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

Oh MY! This looks soo good! I love whipping cream all by itself, but adding cream cheese to it, oh yes! I will save this recipe :)

Linda said...

Yummy.........smiles

Heather said...

That looks delicious! If I had a bowl for it, I would make it for a get together Sunday!

Sally said...

Beautiful and looks really yummy! :)

xoxo

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

With everything that is in that dessert, it has to be sooooooo good!

Doris said...

It's very pretty! Sounds delicious.

Jenny said...

Mercy. xoxo

Dianna said...

Oh my goodness! Does that ever look good! I made your turkey casserole this week that you posted a few weeks ago. I used a rotissarie chicken instead of turkey, but it was WONDERFUL. Hubby loved it!

Cherdecor said...

This sure is pretty! Good too!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

oh my this looks wonderful! As pretty as I bet it is tasty. ;) xoxo

Bethany Carson said...

Oh my...this looks sooo good!

Terri D said...

Oh my goodness!! Saving this one!