Pages

Monday, May 22, 2017

It's time to buy the flowers!

Every year around this time, I make a visit to a local greenhouse to buy some flowers.  Actually, Bob and I visit it quite often just to wander the aisles and look at perennials, but the first visit of the year is to buy hanging baskets and a pot of flowers for the front porch.
The name of the place is Countryside Greenhouse, and it is huge!  There is 8 acres of shopping area there, so you have a good chance of finding what you are looking for.  They have flats of flowers, hanging baskets, perennials, shrubs, trees, decorative items, tools, fertilizer...  It's fun to just look around.


 Whenever I go in, I'm always struck by how huge it is.  Racks of flowers for as far as you can see!



The hanging baskets are on a track that moves so the light doesn't always hit them in the same spot.



 There are 6 cats that live there, so you never know where you might see one.  I saw this one hiding under the rows of flowers.



The checkout area is shaded by all the Boston ferns hanging overhead.



Here's my finds; a fuschia, a mixed basket and a pot of various plants that is now on my porch.
I'll be back for more!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mari, Wow! What a nice place to search for flowers. I love your purchases. Cute shot of the kitty, too. I don't blame you for going often just to take in the beautiful aisles.

Dianna said...

I love Fuschia plants. I haven't had one in a while. Maybe I'll look for one to hang this summer! I love your choices!

LL Cool Joe said...

We have a garden centre fairly close to home that is full of plants, but not that full! How do they water those hanging ferns without soaking everyone underneath? :D

Arlene G said...

My flowers are just starting to show off here in NoALA. My lantana is starting to bloom and spread. It looks so pretty. I can't wait to see photos of your pretty yard Mari.

Sally said...

We don't have anything like that here, or if we do I haven't heard of it. Wow - that's a lot of flowers. I'd have such a difficult time making up my mind. But, you did perfectly. I really like what you chose. :)

xoxo

Betsy Brock said...

I look forward to your trip there every year~ haha. That place is huge and amazing!

Karen said...

Wow! What an awesome place! You got some great finds.

Laura said...

So much fun!! I love the baskets!

Anita Johnson said...

Huge! And beautiful. I have a few plants here....we should have invested in wheels....we moved them in and out for a month as frost threatened. Now I know why they say to wait! I love the fuschia.....reallly attracted the hummers for me!

Michelle said...

I always love places like this. I have been buying a few plants for my front porch. I love this time of year!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

One of my favorite parts of Spring/early summer! I started getting some of mine just today! Still lots more though to go. ;)

Love your finds!! Beautiful. xoxo

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

That would be like a kid in a candy store! So many, and so pretty...it would be hard to decide for sure.

Kerin said...

Oh my, what a fun place to shop!
Love those pots of flowers that you chose.
It's so fun to shop for plants!!

Happy growing season.

~K.

Terri D said...

I remember your visit last year! That place is amazing and your purchases are lovely.

Cherdecor said...

I remember this place! I have never seen any garden center so huge and 8 acres? That is amazing! You bought some lovely flowers.

Saleslady371 said...

Great taste, Mari. I like your finds. We usually get our perennials at Walmart or Home Depot. I've got one of those husbands I like to do this with, but he likes to pick the blooms. Sometimes the colors do not even go in my opinion, but it's a small thing --- too many other battles to pick!

Jenny said...

That place is incredible. How do they take care of everything? I wouldn't know where to look, much less what to buy. Then I'd buy it and kill it. Haaahaha xoxo

Hootin Anni said...

I just KNOW I would spend way too much if I went there.