Pages

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Mothers Day Weekend

It was a busy weekend for us.  It was my weekend to work, and we had things going on every night.  Here's a brief recap.

Tom, Mom, Bob

 On Friday night, Bob and I along with his brother Tom and wife Bonnie, took his Mom and step-dad out for supper and went back to their home for awhile to celebrate Mothers day.  As always, we had a nice time together.



On Saturday evening, my side of the family gathered to celebrate my niece Arianna's graduation from high school.  The whole family was able to be there, except of course Andy in Kentucky.  As you can see, everyone is having a good time - good food and lots of laughs!


Here's my step-mom Ann with a flower arrangement we had for her for Mothers Day.


Sunday evening, Heather and Andrew, and Laura and Aaron and girls came over.  Here are the girls having fun sitting with Grandpa.


Aaron had smoked some pork for pulled pork sandwiches, and it was delicious!

 Heather made these little pies.  They were caramel apple, and so cute!



 Speaking of cute - here is Ruby enjoying her pie.



 After supper, we wandered around outside for a while.  Who needs a merry-go-round, when you have an Uncle Andrew?



Here's the pretty gift I got from my kids.  The top of it, on the left was decorated by Alaina, the bottom by Ruby!


And inside was a DNA kit!  I had given Bob one for Christmas, and it's very interesting to see the results.  It takes a while to get back, but I'll let you know what I find out with my results.

What a nice weekend!  Hope you enjoyed yours too.

15 comments:

Betsy Brock said...

What a fun, busy weekend! I love that you got the DNA kit! I've done mine and think it would be a fun Christmas gift for the big kids and the mister! It will be exciting to see what you find out!

Jenny said...

Your DNA kit will reveal that you are a total gem, from a long line of gems! Also I want one of those little pies. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Glad you had such a nice weekend, other than working. Alaina and Ruby are cute as can be! It will be interesting to learn about your DNA results. I hope you have a nice week.

Arlene G said...

Looks perfect to me Mari!! And I hope you will share your DNA test. I have considered doing one as well.

Linda said...

OHHHHHHHHHHHH what a nifty gift!!! I sure hope you tell us when you get the results, smiles. A Happy Belated Mothers Day, my friend.

Sally said...

Even though you had to work, it sounds and looks like a very nice Mother's Day weekend. The little ones gift to you is a treasure for sure. :)

xoxo

Dianna said...

I thought you probably had to work this weekend, but it looks as if it didn't stop you from having fun. Glad your weekend evenings were special. The caramel apple pies your daughter made are so pretty and I'm certain from the look on Ruby's face that they were just as yummy. :)

Changes in the wind said...

I just bought the DNA kits for my hubby and I and am waiting for the results. Glad you know you felt it was worthwhile.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

What a neat gift you got and it will be interesting to find out the results. Glad you had a good weekend, spending time with family is always the best.

Laura said...

I love the picture of the Uncle Andrew and the girls - so funny! Between Andrew and Grandpa the girls have their own playground. :)

Can't wait to see your DNA results!

Henny Penny said...

Sounds like you had a fun weekend and a good Mother's Day. That Ruby is a cutie pie. I love her cute hairstyle!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Sounds like it was a busy but wonderful Mother's Day weekend!! I just love seeing your adorable Grandkiddos. They are so darned cute!

Nice to be back blogging. Missed catching up. I hope you have a very blessed week ahead Hon! xoxo

Cherdecor said...

Heather's caramelized apple pies are art forms! She is amazing! Ruby, on the other hand, has proven that they are not just pretty but scrumptious as well! Have fun with your DNA kit!

Terri D said...

That caramel & apple pie looks delicious! Joe and I did the Ancestry DNA a couple of years ago when it first came out (right after the BETA testing). The more people who join in, the better the results get. I love following it! All your celebrations look like so much fun. I love that your big family gets together so often to celebrate life! Such a blessing!

Saleslady371 said...

Sounds like you had a memorable Mother's Day! The photos tell all! Those grand kids of yours are so cute! My daughter just lost her MIL and she gave one of those DNA kits to her husband to cheer him. I will be interested to hear what yours says!