Pages

Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Cooking Thursday

Here's the recipe I told you I would share.  This is a spaghetti casserole.  It's one I often use when bringing a meal to someone; just add some garlic bread and a salad and it's good! It's a good one for kids because they always like it.  Plus - it makes 2 pans and freezes well, so one always goes in the freezer for later!


Spaghetti Casserole
1 pkg (16 ounces) angel hair pasta
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce ( I use Hunts 4 cheese)
2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
1 can cream of mushroom soup
16 ounces sour cream
4 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
Cook pasta for a slightly shorter time than directed on pkg, until just done. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, brown beef and drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and tomato sauce. Remove from heat. Stir together cream of mushroom soup and sour cream. In two 8x11 freezer pans, layer half the meat sauce, pasta, sour cream mix and cheese. Repeat layers. Cover tightly with foil and freeze up to 3 months.
To use frozen casserole: Thaw in refrigerator. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

10 comments:

Dianna said...

Hmmm...this sounds like a very good dish to make for the weekend. Carroll just told me a bit ago that this weekend looked like a good time to paint the kitchen. This would give us a good meal for Saturday and Sunday, some for our lunches on Monday and some for the freezer. :) Thank you so much for sharing the recipe!

Dianna said...

Hahaha...I just finished reading the directions...I now realize that it is for 2 8x11 pans! That works even better! :)

Karen said...

I haven't made spaghetti casserole in a long time. Great idea to have in the freezer, especially for unexpected (my kids) guests;) Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

We will love this and I like that it freezes well for later, too.
Wishing you a nice day, Mari.

Arlene G said...

Another winner!!

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

We enjoy spaghetti, cooked any way and this looks like a good one. Thanks for the recipe. Have a blessed day.

Terri D said...

This sounds delicious! Sure wish I could get Joe to just try it. He, for some reason, just will not eat casseroles (or what he thinks is a casserole). Picky, picky. I'm still going to file this one away for future reference!!

Patsy said...

Oh boy time for more good food, we like baked spaghetti.

Hootin Anni said...

I love anything pasta!

Cherdecor said...

And CHEESE on top! You know me, I even put cheese on Jello! Ha! Ha! This looks really good.