Pages

Monday, May 15, 2017

Alaina and Ruby's new room

Laura and Aaron had been working to finish a room in the basement for Alaina and Ruby.  It's all done and I thought it was so cute, that I should share it with you.  This room had been your standard basement storage room.  They put in an egress window and dry-walled it, then did some cute things to decorate it.

Here's a view from the door.  They are sharing a bed, which doesn't always go so well.  Ruby tends to be a bed hog, and she likes to stay awake and pester Alaina.  I think it's getting better though!


Here you can see the egress window.  Laura made the curtains, and painted all the dots on them.  They found the cute dresser on Craigslist and repainted it.



Laura also made the sign to hang over the dresser.  I love that verse, and I also pray that for both girls.


We always say that Laura and Aaron are Craigslist Guru's.  They find the best things, and get great deals.  They found these display cabinets and made them into a cute closet.


Laura found a computer program that let her personalize figures and print them out.  One says Alaina and the other is Ruby.


Laura had been looking all over to find a cute pink rug to put under the bed.  She couldn't find one so she made one!   She made ruffles out of soft material, and sewed each one onto a tablecloth.  It turned out so cute! 

The girls are pretty happy with their new room.  I think it turned out very nice!

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an adorable room! Great buys on the furniture and the rug is AMAZING! I love it and I'm sure the girls feel very special and grown up!
Have a pleasant evening, Mari.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

It is so cute and I know the girls are happy to have it fixed up so pretty. Your daughter is very talented to be able to make that rug!

Terri D said...

Laura is so creative and talented...but look at her mom and dad for goodness sake! That room is adorable as are those two girls! Maybe bunk beds can replace the double when they are a little older.

Doris said...

What?? Made a rug?? That's being super creative. The room is very cute!

Jennifer Hays said...

Beautiful! I love the colors. They are very creative indeed. The girls are lucky to have such talented parents!

Arlene G said...

Wow...they are talented. I shared a bed with my sister for many years and I always wondered why my parents did not get us twin beds as it would have been more comfortable. I am not sure who the bed hog was in our house.:) I was amazed by that rug. She should do a tutorial on You Tube.

Dianna said...

That Laura is amazing with all of the ways that she came up with things for the girls new room. The rug is adorable and what an original way of making what she was looking for.

Sally said...

How perfectly perfect! Unbelievable what Laura and Aaron did for the girls. It's so adorable just as Alaina and Ruby! Creative and fun. I love it. :)

xoxo

Linda said...

I want to stay there, so very pretty. I just love how they made the room so cozy. Amazing, Mari.

Kerin said...

Very cute, and such creative touches that your kids put into that room. Very impressed!

Have a great week.

~K.

Patsy said...

I think it is a lovely room and they did a great job.

Hootin Anni said...

So colorful & fun! Those two are very talented...and to make your own rug...a big task & it turned out beautifully!

Michelle said...

That room is so cute! I admire the talent it took to create it!

LL Cool Joe said...

That is a very cute bedroom, but why are they sharing a bed? That must cause fireworks!! Couldn't they have 2 single beds preferably in different parts of the room?? It looks big enough. :D

Mari said...

Hey Joey - they already had the double bed, the girls wanted to share and the room isn't that big. And maybe it's good for them to learn to share! :)

Saleslady371 said...

Very cute room and I like the colors. Your daughter is creative and I, too, like Craig's list. I found a new dishwasher, LG, for 75.00 and it is a gem. Love the Scripture verse; I am a grandma who prays scriptures for my grands too!

Laura said...

Wow! Thanks everyone for the sweet comments - we had fun making the room for them.
They had bunk beds in their old room but it was way too tall for this new room, and we couldn't figure a way to fit two beds in that left room for them to move around (Ruby needs a lot of room to move around!) Someday they'll have separate beds (and bedrooms!) hopefully. For now, they do really well sharing.
The rug was actually easy to do, just very, very, very time consuming. I don't know that I'd do another one!!

Jenny said...

I'm thinking there is creative genius running wide and long and high and deep in your family. Just saying. xoxo

Jean said...

I am amazed at Laura's incredible creativity!! MAKING a rug!!! Painting the polkadots on the curtain!! Wow!

I would just like to say that growing up in a family of seven girls, I NEVER had a bed to myself in my entire life. And i turned out just fine.

Karen said...

What a sweet room! Laura does beautiful work! I'm sure the girls will have lots of fun in their new room. I think it's great that they are sharing a space.

Cherdecor said...

Laura's talent is amazing!!! To even think about making a rug with two small children running loose is an unusual feat! Bless her heart! Well done, Laura and Aaron! I buy things from the Goodwill and repaint them and I have the most fun doing it. I shopped at the Goodwill last night. I am getting ready to make Garden Angels so I needed some clear dishes.

White Lace and Promises said...

Wow! Awesome! She is really talented. Glad I stopped by.