On day two of our vacation, we started at the Castle Museum in Saginaw MI. It was built in 1898 and although it looks like a castle, it was built as a post office. It was a beautiful building.
Our next stop was a zoo in Saginaw.
made our way across a swinging bridge...
and enjoyed the animals.
I think that's enough for today. I'll continue the adventures tomorrow.







22 comments:
Hi dear Mari, that building is beautiful. I love the green 💚 spiral staircase. The exterior with the turrets make it look like a castle.
I enjoyed the photos of your train ride and animals.
What a fun day, Mari!
The Castle Museum sounds fascinating -- I love how it looks like a fairytale castle but was really a post office.
And your zoo adventure with the train ride, swinging bridge, and animals made me smile.
Looking forward to reading about day three!
That is such a beautiful building, it really does look like a castle and that staircase is stunning! What a fun trip to the zoo!
Hahaha the eye in the sky watching you is not a new thing, apparently! Surveillance ... an old idea. LOVE the zoo trip! xoxo
Oh my gosh, the building is gorgeous!!! And a post office? The staircase is a work of art. Seems it would take days to explore the entire building. The swinging bridge would not be for me. My favorite of the animals are the cute prairie dogs...or maybe groundhogs, or pica?
So good to see you all! What a fun vacation. The girls just keep growing! Have fun!
Stunning castle museum / postoffice ...
You really find such wonderful adventures for your granddaughters.
I'm loving going on them with you.
Sue
That castle post office is beautiful! I especially like the curved staircase (but was there an elevator?)
Even back in the day, the boss was spying on you - LOL! That castle is magnificent, Mari, and it looks like your zoo visit was a winner, too. Such wholesome family fun!
Wow that's an impressive post office.
That sure looks like a Florida alligator!! And that "castle" is amazing!! How funny that the Postmaster thought he had to spy on his employees. Good grief!! LOL Might get arrested for doing that today! Sure looks like you were all having a great time! xo
Hi Mari, I enjoyed all the pictures! That building is cool and I was surprised about it being a post office. I worked for the postal service, so I know about the look downs. I was asked to be a postal inspector but did not want to leave my kids for training. Didi not want to carry a gun either! Enjoy the rest of your week!
Hi Mari. What a gorgeous building for the post office. They don't build architecture like that anymore and I wish they did! My husband's Irish family was from Saginaw back in the late 1800's. I've never been to that part of the USA. Maybe someday. Thank you for sharing.
I do like the castle looking post office.
Lovely photographs from the zoo in Saginaw.
All the best Jan
The girls are so lucky to be able to accompany you to exciting places.
Love the castle hard to think it was a post office!
The girls must have enjoyed the zoo.
Wow, that is a very impressive looking building. I got a chuckle out of the slots the postmaster used to check on the workers below. Was it ever used as a castle, or just built to look like one.
Great shots of the animals at the zoo.
What a staircase!! I bet that would be a really neat place to get married...I can picture a bride gliding down those stairs.
Wow that looks like fun. Beautiful castle and those little slots where the postmaster would check the employees working sounds ahead of his time. Now they use cameras! Looks like a perfect day with the grands!
Such a fun road trip!
my first ever viewing of a castle post office.. love the doors and that stairway is stunning.. LOVE the picture of the 4 of you.
Post a Comment