Pages

Thursday, July 23, 2026

Last stop

Our last day we went to Dow Gardens in Midland Michigan. It's a beautiful Botanical Garden, but our reason to visit was the Canopy Walk.  It's a 1400 foot walk with some areas up to 40 feet in the air.



Walking through the gardens to get to the canopy walk.




Approaching the walk









We started on the walk, and came up this structure hanging from above, went inside and checked it out.





Here's another of those structures, but to get into this one, you had to walk this rope bridge.





A pretty view along the way.






This is what a lot of the walk looked like. You wouldn't know from looking at this that you were way up in the trees.





At the end is the glass viewing platform.





Looking at the viewing platform from another section.






Another beautiful scene as we made our way back out.

After this, it was time to head home. We had a wonderful time with our sweet girls!

29 comments:

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Dear Mari, what a gorgeous, peaceful place to explore and enjoy. Beautiful photos. ❤️

Jenny the Pirate said...

Well, no way you're getting me on a rope bridge -- did YOU do that, Mari???? -- but the scenery certainly was spectacular! Wow. Just gorgeous. What a great trip for you with the girlies ♥️

Nicole Orriëns said...

Wow, that is indeed a beautiful scene. I love that bridge over the water. It makes me think of fairy tales.

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Beautiful scenery, Mari, but I have to echo Jenny's sentiments - I would NOT get on a rope bridge! I do not like heights in narrow places. You all had such an amazing time together, though.

Prims By The Water said...

There is a rope bridge in Sanilac County where my mom lived over the Black River. There was no way I was crossing it...nor would I have the courage to walk that rope bridge or even go out on the glass platform. Too scary for me. I am a wimp. Lovely pics otherwise and a nice adventure for the girls. Janice

Latane Barton said...

you just have to love going to a place that like. I'm envious.

Kim said...

How pretty!! I think I'd love that walk...although that rope bridge would be a bit of a challenge. Yikes...you're brave!!

🌺 Debby/From My Shasta Home said...

That's gorgeous. I would want to just stay there. We have a place here where you walk among the top of the redwood trees. I wanted to do that this year...You really did some fun things with your, sweet girls!
Really enjoyed all your beautiful photos of this precious time spent, making memories.

Kim Carberry said...

Those gardens are beautiful and the canopy walk looks fantastic with gorgeous views.

Shug said...

This place is so very pretty and I like how they have included some interesting structures. What a wonderful walk this must have been...I hope it was a cool day for you all.

photowannabe said...

Well I think I posted before I was through or maybe I just erased it.
Love everything about this trip you did with your lovely granddaughters and I'll bet there were tons of giggles walking across that rope bridge.
Sue

Great-Granny Grandma said...

The pictures are beautiful.
The canopy walk looks like a unique experience, and I'm not sure I would have been brave enough to cross the rope bridge, but I'm guessing there's no turning back if you want to make it to the other side.

Barbara said...

What a beautiful destination! I really enjoyed your pictures. You do such fun things with your grandchildren! They will always remember you fondly for that.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Oh my gosh, this is magical!! I have never seen anything like it. How on earth do you find these places! I bet the girls were in heaven!

HappyK said...

What a beautiful to walk around in. The rope bridge must have been fun. :)

Miss Merry said...

What a gorgeous place and the shade looks so inviting!

Lowcarb team member said...

Looks a lovely place to visit, your photographs were beautiful to see.
So pleased you had a wonderful time with the girls.

All the best Jan

Terri D said...

Oh my, that is so beautiful!! Our little walk through the trees at Bonnet Springs Park pales in comparison!! I am sure the girls loved it as much as you and Bob!! Thanks for sharing, Mari! xo

Chrissy T said...

What a beautiful place!!!! I would love to see that in person!!! That rope bridge...whew.

Jean said...

You're back!!!! And I didn't even notice because my life has been so busy. I LOVE these pictures and the time with your precious girls!

Dianna said...

Mari, I am so thankful that you and Bob have the girls (as well as Cassie and Connor) living close enough to you that you can pick up and go do fun trips like this with them. It brings back so many memories of when our three grandchildren were young and would spend time with us every summer. We always had adventures planned and each of the kids still bring up, "Grandma, do you remember when we went to...." And they are all in their 20s now...some quickly approaching 30! You are making memories with them that all of you will remember for a lifetime. xx

Linda said...

Oh wow, how beautiful. I simply can't believe how the girls have grown. smiles.

Veronica Lee said...

Wow, Mari, that rope bridge looks like it would get my heart racing! But the scenery is worth every step -- what a fun memory with your sweet girls.
Beautiful photos.

MELODY JACOB said...

Midland looks like a cracking spot for a final getaway, with those massive high-up walkways looking proper impressive. Getting 40 feet up into the trees without feeling like you are dangling in mid-air takes some clever engineering, though walking over that rope bridge would definitely test anyone’s nerves. Those glass platforms always give you that funny wee belly-flip, but what a brilliant way to wrap up a trip with your girls before heading back home.

Tampereen Mummu said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures, it was interesting to see those beautiful places. One of our ancestors moved to Michigan, so the pictures were interesting for that reason as well.

MadSnapper n Beau said...

I do not do heights, but I love that little hut and would love to wander under the bridge. Spectacular beauty every where you were

Michelle said...

I love this! The rope bridge looks fun and what a great place for the girls.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

I was just catching up on a few of your old posts. What beautiful places you visited in your travels with the kiddos. 💗

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Mari! Wow, that really is a cool place. I would like to go there someday! Great pictures too. Have a good week. See you again soon!