Pages

Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Cooking Thursday

I tried a new recipe last week that was incredibly easy.  If you like Alfredo, you'll like this one. The thing that made it easy was that you didn't have to cook the pasta before putting it in the oven.  I wondered how that would work, but the pasta turned out perfect.  I had try to keep shredded chicken in the freezer, so all I had to do was throw it together and bake it.  Easy and good!





Chicken Alfredo Bake

1 box pasta (I used bow tie)
2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
2 cups chopped spinach
1 jar alfredo sauce
3 cups chicken broth
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Italian seasoning

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Stir together alfredo sauce and chicken broth.  Then stir in pasta, chicken, spinach and 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese.
Place in greased 9x13 pan and sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
Cover tightly with foil and place in oven.  Bake for 40 minutes.
Remove foil, stir and sprinkle remaining cheese on top.  Bake for another 15 minutes.
Remove from oven and let set for 5-10 minutes before serving.
*I did half of this recipe and put it in a 7x10 pan.  It was still enough for 2 meals.

20 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

It looks delicious. I like everything but the Alfredo sauce. I wonder if you could use a tomato sauce instead.
And you didn't cook the pasta before - easy!!!!

Mari said...

Chatty Crone - I think tomato based pasta sauce would work just as well as Alfredo.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Yum! I am making this!

chocolatecovereddaydreams.blogspot.com said...

Oooh, I want to try this! I like to buy Costco rotisserie chicken and shred it. This looks delicious!

Catherine said...

We don’t have Alfredo sauce but any kind of tomato sauce will do so I think I can try.
It is quick and sounds delicious

HappyK said...

Oh Yummy. I'll be trying this one!!

Dianna said...

I will definitely be giving this a try. We enjoy Alfredo. This recipe sounds so quick and easy. I often use Alfredo sauce in place of the red sauce on our homemade pizza.

Debby said...

I love chicken Alfredo and this sounds and looks easy and delicious! And if I can get two meals out if, even better!

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

This recipe sounds soo very good! I love simple easy recipes that are fast to make!

Romance Reader said...

It looks delicious.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Wow, that's great that you didn't have to cook the pasta first. I know I have lasagna noodles that cook in the oven, but I never tried other pasta before. That really sounds good.

Terri D said...

Another keeper!! Thanks, Mari!!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

This sounds great and so up Matt's alley (he's a big alfredo guy - my kiddos are too!) Already copied. Thanks for sharing! xoxo

Prims By The Water said...

Yes please. I'll even take seconds. Janice

The Happy Whisk said...

Oh yeah, I stopped cooking noodles decades ago for bakes like this. Just works so well. Stuffed shells, lasagna, all that good stuff. I just skip the cooking and put those babies in hard. Delightful.

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

This looks delicious. So glad to get the recipe since we have homecoming at our church Sunday. Can't wait to try the new recipe.

Kim said...

Mmm...I love alfredo sauce and now that I'm allowed to eat cheese again, I might give this one a try on a chilly night!

Veronica Lee said...

This recipe sounds delicious! 😋
I love that you don't have to cook the pasta first—so convenient!
I’ll definitely try this Chicken Alfredo Bake.
Thanks for sharing, Mari!

Jeanette said...

That looks really good!

Katerinas Blog said...

It really looks like a very tasty recipe!! As I see it's very easy, I'm thinking of trying it! Have a beautiful week!