Pages

Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Cooking Thursday

Here's another recipe for the tomatoes you're getting from your garden right now.  I love anything that has Caprese in the title, and these are really good sandwiches, perfect for a quick lunch or supper.



Grilled Caprese Sandwiches

Sourdough bread
Butter
basil pesto
tomato
fresh mozzarella

Butter the bread and place butter side down on preheated sandwich press or pan.  Spread pesto onto one piece of bread and place sliced mozzarella on it. Allow cheese to begin melting, then place sliced tomato on top.  Cover with other slice of grilled bread and enjoy!

18 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Fast, healthy, and pretty!

Bettina Groh said...

love those summertime tomatoes!! In any form!!

Deb J. in Utah said...

If my tomatoes would just ripen, I would make these for sure! Thanks for the recipe idea!

acorn hollow said...

We make these sandwiches and you are correct they are wonderful this time of year
Cathy

Debby said...

Oh yum.

Donna said...

Oh goodness...this looks Good!!
hugs
Donna

Terri D said...

If I only had tomatoes in my garden. :( This looks and sounds heavenly!!

Dianna said...

Sounds yummy!

Chatty Crone said...

Delicious. I am going to make that!!!

Jennifer said...

Oh, I saw on Debbie's blog that a new little one is entering your family today....just wanted to say congratulations! What fun!!:)

Michelle said...

Nothing quite like a fresh tomato!

Barbara said...

Oh yes, another recipe that makes my mouth water!

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

Sometimes the simple recipes are absolutely the best! Tomatoes and cheese - homegrown tomatoes are even better! So wonderful this time of year! I've been enjoying tomato sandwiches from the garden :) The best!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Oh, that looks SO good!!! If only we had some really good tomatoes here! I am missing our farmer's market!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

I love fresh yummy sandwiches like this! And crispy panini is the best way too. Absolutely perfect for garden tomatoes. 😋

Kim said...

Oh yummy!! We have a garden full of tomatoes. Perfect timing, thanks!

Jean said...

This looks so delicious!! I need to get a sandwich press. I just don't know where to put it, lol! Do you make your pesto or buy it?

Jenny the Pirate said...

Oh my goodness that makes me drool! I want some ham in mine. Take notes, haha xoxo