Pages

Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Cooking Thursday

Earlier this week, I told you I made something with fresh peaches.  Today I'm sharing that recipe with you.  Peach season is very short here, so it's nice to find recipes to make use of them during that time.  I came across this recipe which is one the easiest ever, and is something different. It's called Peaches and Cream spread and can be used on toast, waffles, bagels, muffins...  I've only tried it on toast, but I'm sure it would be good on all listed!
Next time I'll make just half though.  It makes a lot for just 2 people!




Peaches and Cream Spread

1 cup peeled and finely diced peaches (took 2 large peaches for me)
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter at room temperature
4 tablespoons powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt

Mix cream cheese and butter in large bowl for 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy.
Add powdered sugar and salt to mix, then stir in peaches.
Place in airtight container and place in refrigerator.  Allow to sit 2 hours to overnight to allow flavors to develop.
Will keep in frig for about 5 days.

16 comments:

Dianna said...

Oh my...this sounds delicious. I'm hoping to get a few peaches this weekend and this will be the first thing I make with them.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Wow, that looks and sounds soooo delicious!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Wow, this is so cool! I have never seen such a spread. I bet it smalls just like the essence of Summer.

Terri D said...

Oh my goodness! I think this would be great as a dip for crackers, too!! Nice evening snack!! I just bought some peaches. Thanks for this!!

Melanie said...

Thank you for the recipe! it sounds delicious. Peaches are starting to show up in our stores here in TN. Love fresh peaches!

acorn hollow said...

That does sound good. you could use that as filling between layers of a cake. yummm
Cathy

Mandy said...

Mmm! 😋 This is genius! Saving this one! You just need to put together a cookbook! Haha! I love all of your recipes.

Chatty Crone said...

Looks wonderfully delicious. Love peaches.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Funny - I shared a peach recipe today too! They are SO good, even if the season is short. This sounds amazing and I'm going to go copy it down right now! 😋

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Yummy! Sounds so good! Would love to try some if we had any decent fresh peaches!

Kim said...

We just saw a peach tree on our walk, which is very, very rare in my area. Might have to go knock on their door and ask for a sample! Haha!!

HappyK said...

Looks good but peaches are my least favorite fruit.

Michelle said...

That looks delicious! I made a peach crisp on Tuesday trying to use our peaches :)

DUTA said...

I love peaches; sadly their season is a short one.
Your recipe has produced a great food item! Enjoy it!

Catherine said...

Quick and delicious! Thanks for sharing

Jenny the Pirate said...

I can honestly say I have never heard of anything like this and it sounds divine! I'm not sure if we have good peaches now but I will be on the lookout! xoxo