Pages

Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Cooking Thursday

I recently made this crockpot recipe that I saved some time ago but kept forgetting to make.  It's called Marry Me Chicken, because it's supposed to be good enough to inspire a proposal.  :)
It was very easy, just put everything in the crock pot and let it cook and we thought it was very good too.  I'll definitely be making it again.



Marry Me Chicken

1 1/2 - 2 pounds chicken breast or thighs, cut into bite size cubes
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
3 tablespoons corn starch
1 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon onion powder
4 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes

Mix corn starch and broth in crock pot. Stir in the rest of the ingredients and cook on low for 6 hours.
Serve over rice.

16 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Looks really yummy and comforting!

Dianna said...

WOW...that does look amazing and delicious! I will be putting this on the menu for next week! Thanks, Mari!

Chatty Crone said...

I love recipes with chicken. You are right - it looks amazing and comfortable!

Kim said...

Good enough to inspire a proposal? Well this I've got to try!!

Prims By The Water said...

A wonderful recipe. Janice

The Happy Whisk said...

Marry Me Chicken. I've heard of that. Great name. So funny.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Sounds good. I've never cooked with sundried tomatoes, so that would be a new one for me. But it really sounds good. I may have to experiment with this one.

Miss Merry said...

That sounds delicious!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

This sounds divine! 😋

HappyK said...

Sounds easy and tasty too.

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like the name 'marry me chicken'
It's a good looking recipe.

All the best Jan

Terri D said...

Sounds yummy! I just bought chicken breasts and put them in the freezer!! Thanks, Mari!!

Donna said...

This looks wonderful! Printing it out!
hugs
Donna

Jenny the Pirate said...

Sounds luscious! I'm copying this one. xoxo

Catherine said...

Nice recipe to do on my crockpot!

Chris said...

Looks delicious and I'd eat anything with cream in the ingredients!