Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Cooking Thursday

August is coming to an end, but I'm hoping we still have some nice, warm days ahead of us. If we do, I have a great dessert that is perfect for hot days. It only has a few ingredients and is so easy to throw together. It looks pretty and tastes great!

Ice Cream Sandwich Dessert

2 boxes ice cream sandwiches
12 ounces Cool Whip
2 bags Heath bits

Unwrap one box of ice cream sandwiched and place in a 9x13 pan.  You will have to cut a few in half so the whole pan is filled.  Spread half of the Cool Whip over the ice cream sandwiches, then sprinkle one bag of Heath bits over the Cool Whip.
Repeat layer and place in freezer for several hours or overnight. 

* This fills the pan nearly to the top, and the pieces can be cut thin.  They look pretty with the layers.  It makes a lot though and often if I'm not making it for a group, I half the recipe and make just one layer.  It still tastes good, it's just not so much!

19 comments:

Terri D said...

We have a dessert 'potluck' coming up at work next month. This is different and I know will be delicious! Thanks for the great idea and recipe!

Sally said...

Oh boy! Now, you know I have to make this when the kids are here; afraid I might indulge just a little too much. Looks so good. :)

xoxo

White Lace and Promises said...

Oh my goodness! It doesn't have to be warm weather for me to indulge. My weakness here! Yummy!

Kelly-Anne said...

Oh my...dear Mari! This dessert looks positively scrumptious and oh so decadent...hmmm! It looks quite impressive too and just perfect for summertime entertaining...I will remember it for when the weather warms up here...smiles...
Blessings to you and much love...enjoy the last few beautiful days of the month of August!
Joy and hugs,
Kelly-Anne

Linda said...

Yummmmmmmmmmmm!!!! Thanks for sharing, Mari. Blessings

Arlene G said...

That is a favorite dessert down here Mari. We put all sorts of things between the layers...pineapple, cherries etc. So easy and so pretty!!

Sandi said...

Oh my...YUM!

Anonymous said...

Looks delicious!

Vicki said...

Yum!!

Jenny said...

Mari I love this. I think I'll make it on Labor Day, when we'll be celebrating Stephanie's birthday! Oh and hey, we made the Crack Chicken and wow is that ever good. I can't wait to make it again. xoxo

Stephanie said...

Oh my... I can't believe there are only three ingredients in this beautiful dessert! It looks like it should be in a high-end magazine {{smiles}} Thanks for sharing, sweet friend. Hugs!

Unknown said...

Easy and cool - my favorites!

Beth Cotell said...

Anything with Heath bits is going to be delicious!

Maggie Ann said...

Wow! what a treat that must be. I'm afraid I couldn't leave it be!

Patsy said...

That looks good, we have stop cooking much with getting ready for this move.

Amy at love made my home said...

Lovely!! xx

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Perfect summer day dessert!! Yum! xoxo

Doris said...

I've seen this dessert before but never made it. Looks so elegant and of so yummy!

Cherdecor said...

Oh. My. Goodness! Please hide this from me!